Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Problem With Cd Player Of 2003 Corolla

Guest kaasu

Hi,

The CD player for my 2003 Corolla is popping out every CD that I put in. When I put a CD in, it just waits for a while and then display error 1 and eject the CD. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Qasim

Hi,

The CD player for my 2003 Corolla is popping out every CD that I put in. When I put a CD in, it just waits for a while and then display error 1 and eject the CD. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Qasim

Is the CD a home-made jobby or a real CD?

ERR 1 or error 1 in the display means that the disc is dirty or unreadable. dogdenii has a good point that some CD burning software is not compatible with the CD player in the Corolla for playing back home burned CDs. Sometimes just finalizing the burn process will fix it - sometimes switching brands of CD media will help.

If it is doing it with brand new pressed CD - then you may have a dirty lens in the CD player or the lens is out of whack (physically/electronically damaged). If the car is under warranty - I'd have them replace the headunit - if out of warrany, try CD lens cleaning systems. If they don't work - start looking for a replacement deck.

Good Luck.

Guest M3corolla

i just bought my corolla like a few months ago and already the cd player is kinda jacked up once in a while when i press the eject button it doesnt eject the CD fully any one kno why

Thanx

Depends on what type of headunit it is. Toyota OEM were using Pioneer, Fujitsu-10, and Alpine for a while. Then they started adding Dephi units - which had more power - but were more trouble prone.

I have a 2003 Corolla LE with the OEM single-disk CD player. It playes my home-burned music CD's without a hitch. Just my $.02.

• 1,424 posts

We used to have a CD player in our Mystique that spit out every home burned CD I put in it. It played originals fine, so I went to the dealer to talk about my "problem" They told me to use a higher quality CD, like SONY. Well, I was using those cheap $20 for 50 CDs that come on a spindle, so I took the dealers advice. After switching to the highest quality Memorex and Sony CDs, I never had the problem again.

My point is that some players are pickier about the quality of the CD than others, so try a different brand and see if that helps. Also, make sure you're using CD-R and not CD-RW.

Also, try burning your CDs at lower speeds. I read in some car audio magazine that your CDs are more likely to work when it is burned at a slower speed.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)