Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Where To Find Replacement Antenna, 2004 Corolla?

By dave30076, May 31, 2011

My 2004 Corolla will be 8 years old this fall, it has given me 131,000+ miles of good service. Not sure if it's the highway speeds, the sun bleaching it, but my antenna is wearing out. I can see the spring on the back of it, the front of it is showing rot. I'm looking for an affordable replacement for that antenna that I can just screw onto the original base. Doesn't have to be exactly factory as long as it works well.

Apologies if this has been asked, it's been a while since I've been here. Links to good parts places, or ideas of good aftermarket ones are appreciated. Thanks!!!

Yup, sounds like the elements and sun degraded that plastic/rubber coating on the antenna.

Fortunately, the antenna aerial portion just unscrews from the base. Called a roof antenna pole sub-assembly, if you are looking online. Dealership want a surprising amount for that part - list price is over $50. Aftermarket ones will fit, as most of the threads are standardized - to be sure, remove the old one and match it up to the replacement one. Some have replaced it with a shorter whip antenna from Hondas and other makes.

Only drawback that I've heard from aftermarket ones, is that the reception drops slightly. One reason could be an impedence mismatch between the built-in antenna amplifier and the replacement antenna. Other than getting one brand new - you might be able to find a used one in very good shape - might be worth a shot to call a salvage yard or even a bodyshop, as they might have one laying around or can find one for you.

Go check out a few salvage yards or "u pull it" type auto part places.

You'll probably be able to find a 2003-2008 Corolla with a decent antenna for cheap.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)