Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ

anyone have the 6 speaker CD/AM/FM stereo??

did not need casette, and figured I could always use the factory mounts for future upgrades, RSVP on quality etc, know it is a factory stereo but should be fine for now....

here is more on the car we will get next week...

we have ordered a 2004-S, got the sport package, we wanted ABS Brakes and side air bags, not normally found in So Cal, so we ordered it 2 weeks ago , should have in a week or so, since we were ordering it we got a few options not normally found like the All-Weather package only $50, adds a all weather coating around the bottom , insulation around the windsheild, cool but the main thing was a larger heater blower moter and vents towards the rear, have not seen them yet but should push the A/c as wellbetter and more directed towards the rear and for $50 why not???

We also got the 6 speaker CD/AM/FM , no need for cAssette, so why add it, may upgrade but this way the mounts are there...

Already have in the garage waiting for the arival mlike a new Dad...

Tires-Potenzas

TRD CAI

TRD Springs

TRD Strut Brace

Hella Horns

Optima Battery

Hope it sounds better than the 2003 LE. Sound quality sucked. Music was muffled and muddy, w/out clarity. I rented one for 10 days and I believe it had tweeters on top of the dash, so I'm thinkng it was a 6 speaker setup. If I bought one the first thing I'd do is change the speakers. My car has Cerwin Vega 2-ways in the doors and 3-way 6x9s in the rear deck. So that's my refererence point.

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ
Hope it sounds better than the 2003 LE. Sound quality sucked. Music was muffled and muddy, w/out clarity. I rented one for 10 days and I believe it had tweeters on top of the dash, so I'm thinkng it was a 6 speaker setup. If I bought one the first thing I'd do is change the speakers. My car has Cerwin Vega 2-ways in the doors and 3-way 6x9s in the rear deck. So that's my refererence point.

thanks, ah I guess.... default_wacko

Guest noobfever

I have the 6 speaker CD/AM/FM/CAssette. I tried to avoid the cAssette but you know how dealer stock goes...

Impressions?

Need some amplification at a minimum. I figure what I would need are two amps. One 4 channel for the mains and one 2 channel for the tweeters and matched. ATM I can't really hear the tweeters. They sound like they arent connected. I'm sure they are, but like I said, The stereo needs some amplification.

Anyway, If I ever get the money to upgrade it looks like I will end up talking to a local car audio dealer.

BTW, I have the all weather package too but I can't find the rear vents. Where are they? I also did not know that it comes with a larger blower. I live in Scottsdale and we got the car because we needed a 4 door for the kid. Having ventilation all the way to the back seat in hot weather is strongly desired.

Topic List