Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By friendly_jacek, March 13, 2011

I sold my old 95 with 290K miles last summer to a guy who said it was going to be his son's car but won't be old enough to drive it for a while. The whole transaction smelled kinda fishy. The address provided was a pier in Boston and I had a friend of mine flat bed it for him for a reasonable price. My friend knew one of the guys there and asked what was up with this car. He said it was going to Kabul Afghanistan. I sold it for $650 and I believe he said it was going to cost $2200 to ship. Good market for these old Corollas over there.

Jay in MA

I did a search on something unrelated and came across this. I thought it was interesting.

Link: http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2010/08/28/about-90-of-cars-in-afghanistan-are-toyota-corolla/

friendly_jacek

I sold it for $650 and I believe he said it was going to cost $2200 to ship. Good market for these old Corollas over there.

They are probably making a decent profit on this especially with dollar being very weak now. You have to hope that the car will not be used by a suicide bomber though.

I sold my old 95 with 290K miles last summer to a guy who said it was going to be his son's car but won't be old enough to drive it for a while. The whole transaction smelled kinda fishy. The address provided was a pier in Boston and I had a friend of mine flat bed it for him for a reasonable price. My friend knew one of the guys there and asked what was up with this car. He said it was going to Kabul Afghanistan. I sold it for $650 and I believe he said it was going to cost $2200 to ship. Good market for these old Corollas over there.

Jay in MA

I did a search on something unrelated and came across this. I thought it was interesting.

Link: http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2010/08/28/about-90-of-cars-in-afghanistan-are-toyota-corolla/

You got that guys info? I have a rolla for sale too! No, seriously.

ever_green

I sold it for $650 and I believe he said it was going to cost $2200 to ship. Good market for these old Corollas over there.

They are probably making a decent profit on this especially with dollar being very weak now. You have to hope that the car will not be used by a suicide bomber though.

thats just freaking racist and disgusting. anyway they wont pay for it any higher than anyone else, they wanna make their profits.

friendly_jacek

thats just freaking racist and disgusting.

Next time look up a definition of racist before opening you mouth. Are you saying that there are no suicide bombers in Afghanistan?

Sorry it took so long to reply.

This whole transaction was really weird and I did wonder what the motivation was for this guy to buy and ship to Afghanistan. If you read the whole article it describes how inflated the prices are for the Corollas. My car at $650 was probably considered a decent car over there.

Apparently the parts are plentiful, mechanics are well versed on repairing them and of course the 7th gen is "bullet proof".

I don't have any contact info but if you were to advertise in the Boston Craiglist you will be bombarded with replies.

Jay

Topic List