Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By ever_green, February 11, 2011

ever_green

my h4 connector/plugs have melted since i used to run 100w halogn bulbs untill i installed HIDs. I want to replace these but im not sure how, im not really good with wiring. I was thinking i should be buying something like this right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230418366559&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

if yes how do i replace the plug? the wire seems to be in good condition and doesnt need replacing but i don't mind replacing some of it.

thanks.

that plug looks ok. I would cut, splice, solder, and shrink wrap the wires to be sure you get a solid connection and keep water out.

ever_green

ok so 14 gauge is fine with hids? they are supposed to be 35w but they are much brighter than my oem xenons on acura so they might be pushing near 50w.

Doesn't hurt to go with heavier wire, but 14 gauge wire should be able to handle 50W no problem. Just have to make sure the connector can handle it and the splice is well done.

ever_green

well according to the seller these plugs can take a lot of heat, however i don't like wiring. i think im gonna get the dealership to replace it with oem ones.

Topic List