Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

95 Corolla Rear Ended, Any Diy Way To Make It Look Better?

By quietvibes, February 5, 2011

Hi, I have a 95 Corolla and it was my first car, I learned driving on it and it has served me well for years. I love the car and can't imagine myself parting with it. Unfortunately, I'm low on cash now and recently someone rear ended me. Let just say their insurance paid me monetary compensation. However, I'd prefer to pocket the money (I'm a student now so a little cash can't hurt).

Please tell me if this is something I can fix myself. I have good mechanical skill. And I do not ask for it to look perfect.

1. First, as you can see in the pic , the rear bumper got cracked. This is something I plan to buy myself and airbrush (I'm a modeler) it myself.

2. That small panel below the right back light is missing. What is that piece called?

3. The hard part: the back light got crashed "in" and the trunk won't close all the way down. But the lock will still engage. How do I fix this (if at all)?

Thanks

Dan_H

My 99 trunk lid closed just like that after my car was rear ended. To make mine close correctly, I removed the latching piece that is bolted in the trunk (lower latch) and used a dremel tool to oval out the bolt holes. That allowed me to bolt the latch a little lower and close the trunk completely.

You might be able to reach behind the bumper cover and push it back out so the split doesn't overlap. With that small of a split, it probably won't look like much more than a light scratch if you can align both sides of the split.

I'd recommend a junkyard for any parts that need replacing. Ebay is another source for used parts. I picked up a replacement taillight assembly for less than $20 shipped.

Topic List