Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Battery Feels Insecure

By Ghost, October 30, 2010

My car's battery has always sat loose in its tray. Should it have some kind of clamp/bracket holding it down?

I.E. Am I missing factory-equipped piece?

This for the 7th-gen in my sig.

you should be able to get a battery tie down, they are cheap , available in

any auto parts store. Wire and a set of screws.

Thank you. I'll look into it.

I'd prefer a factory part if one exists though.

One must have come on the car.

Call the dealership and give them your VIN, at least you will know then, and you can go to junk yard if you dont want to pay dealership prices.

.Or you can call one of the Toyota parts places on line( run by a dealership) and you will get way cheaper prices than going to your local dealer.

This place has always been great, good prices on parts AND shipping , also great service. Call and ask for John.

http://toyotapartscenter.net/

They have the hold down and bolt for a 93.

Look under battery.

Its about $20 bucks for both.

Yes, the 7th-gen Corollas came from the factory with a battery hold-down - it's composed of a metal bracket that goes across the top of the battery and a thin metal rod that runs down the side of the battery facing the firewall. The rod has a j-shaped curve in the end which is used to hook through a little hole that is in the chassis, very close to the battery tray. The bracket bolts across the battery and the rod attatches to the frame, holding the battery down.

I actually have an extra one of these laying around that I picked up from a scrap yard for $5- I had the same problem with my battery being loose because the rod had been lost before I owned the car.

Thanks!!! You guys are a huge help. I've never seen that bolt and hold-down. Original owner must have absconded with it. Time to order

Topic List