Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How And What Can I Use To Remove Tree Sap?

By pocketz06, September 27, 2010

I went to wash my car and i realized i had a bunch of tree sap on my car, and some of it was smeared. What product can i buy that is made specifically for this kind of

stuff? Or any homemade remedies? i have heard of rubbing alcohol but i don't want to mess up my car's clear coat. Please HELP!

As long as the sap is still "soft" - WD-40 can be used sparingly on a clean, cotton rag. Wash car afterwards, rewax / reseal and it is generally safe for most paints. Alcohol can also be used, you won't necessarily damage the clear coat, but you will strip any wax/sealant that was on the paint, so you will have to rewax / reseal accordingly. This would also apply to almost any solvent or cleaner you apply to the car's paint.

Another product that can help is automotive detailing clay bars - something like Clay Magic Auto Clay Bar kit (http://www.claymagic.net/) or Mother's California Gold Clay Bar system (www.mothers.com/02_products/07240.html) or similar. They are designed to remove surface contaminate without damaging paint, something I do couple times a year, to help clean surface contaminants off the paint so that the polish can do its job.

Guest Russianred

As long as the sap is still "soft" - WD-40 can be used sparingly on a clean, cotton rag. Wash car afterwards, rewax / reseal and it is generally safe for most paints. Alcohol can also be used, you won't necessarily damage the clear coat, but you will strip any wax/sealant that was on the paint, so you will have to rewax / reseal accordingly. This would also apply to almost any solvent or cleaner you apply to the car's paint.

Another product that can help is automotive detailing clay bars - something like Clay Magic Auto Clay Bar kit (http://www.claymagic.net/) or Mother's California Gold Clay Bar system (www.mothers.com/02_products/07240.html) or similar. They are designed to remove surface contaminate without damaging paint, something I do couple times a year, to help clean surface contaminants off the paint so that the polish can do its job.

What if the sap has already hardened and is not soft? This is what I have an issue with... Can't seem to find a decent product for it, the best thing so far is enamel reducer.

ok i found a product that actually works! i bought a TURTLE WAX BUG & TAR remover at wal-mart, and it removes tree sap like a charm.

i put it on some new fresh tree sap that was on my car, and let it sit for a minute or two and it just came off when i wiped it

in addition, i also I had tree sap that has been on my car for 1 month and it was hardened. I sprayed some let it sit for 3 minutes, had to scrub a little

and most of it came out, sprayed again let it sit for a minute and scrubbed again and it came off! now my car is TREE SAP-LESS lol

good product, i recommend it to anyone, let me know how it goes .

Cool good to know - which one did you get, the aerosol can or the trigger pump version? I know for the ones that have dried on the car for some time - a detailing clay bar will "shave" those right off, they tend to smear the soft ones for a bit before they come off.

Cool good to know - which one did you get, the aerosol can or the trigger pump version? I know for the ones that have dried on the car for some time - a detailing clay bar will "shave" those right off, they tend to smear the soft ones for a bit before they come off.

I got the trigger pump version, just because it had a lil bit more of .oz than the can one. Not much of a difference, i think.

ok i found a product that actually works! i bought a TURTLE WAX BUG & TAR remover at wal-mart, and it removes tree sap like a charm.

I use Gunk Tar & Bug remover. It's a clear coat safe spray can. I still wash and wax afterward though.

Topic List