Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2002 Corolla--Wiper Linkage Nylon Bushing

By ChrisK, July 9, 2010

Recently replaced my wiper motor. However, even with the new wiper motor, the wiper motion wasn't very good. The start/stop position varies with low or high speed and there's a jerking sound. After some thinking, I realized their improper function was due to the fact that the nylon bushing had worn out and had broken into two pieces. I wish I had taken pictures, but while they still connect the crank arm to the linkage, its not a secure connection.

Just to clarify, this is the nylon bushing that is between

(1) the metal ball joint of the wiper motor crank arm

(2) the metal ring of the connecting linkages

Can someone verify that the nylon bushing I need is the same one that is in the link below??

http://www.dormanpro...48-118-303.aspx

Also, how do I go about getting one of those?? I'll try the dealership, but from what I hear online, they come as part of the WHOLE linkage...

Many thanks! I wish my Corolla had less problems.

Just found one. Autozone and Advance Auto have them. About $8 each.

Dorman "Help!" Product, Part number 49448.

Supposed to fit ONLY 97-01 Camry but from the looks of it, will fit 98-02 Corolla too...

Just found one. Autozone and Advance Auto have them. About $8 each.

Dorman "Help!" Product, Part number 49448.

Supposed to fit ONLY 97-01 Camry but from the looks of it, will fit 98-02 Corolla too...

Update: That part didn't work.

In the end, I fashioned a rubber bushing made from some rubber grommet, and held it in with an e-clip. 7/16 or 1/2 inch, I cannot remember.

Nice fabrication there, very clean. Take it the other part was too big/small?

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)