Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Transmission Fluid Change

by terry2356, June 5, 2010

i have toyota corrola 06 ce mdoel car my friend tech said i need to flush or change my car transmission fluid wonder how to change without opening full pan from bottom is there only one valve or nut underneath the transmission pan i can open and put drain old oil and put new one after ware ..or i have to do full pan open process??pls help or any vedio link pls..

I have a 2004 Corolla LE automatic with 206,600 miles on it. I drain and refill the tranny every 45000 to 50000 miles with the recommended trans fluid. There is a drain plug on the transmission. Just drain, replace crush washer around drain plug when reinstalling the drain plug and refill with the same amount of trans fluid that came out. I buy a $1 store plastic gallon container to measure the amount of fluid that drains out. Mine has always held four quarts even though some books say three quarts. I bought the car new from a dealer so I know it came from the factory with 4 quarts.

I've never had any problems in my 200k plus miles by just draining and refilling the tranny. I would not remove the bottom of the drain pan so as to not disturb the seal.

I have a 2004 Corolla LE automatic with 206,600 miles on it. I drain and refill the tranny every 45000 to 50000 miles with the recommended trans fluid. There is a drain plug on the transmission. Just drain, replace crush washer around drain plug when reinstalling the drain plug and refill with the same amount of trans fluid that came out. I buy a $1 store plastic gallon container to measure the amount of fluid that drains out. Mine has always held four quarts even though some books say three quarts. I bought the car new from a dealer so I know it came from the factory with 4 quarts.

I've never had any problems in my 200k plus miles by just draining and refilling the tranny. I would not remove the bottom of the drain pan so as to not disturb the seal.

sound easy for me .i will try to do that ...thx for advice...also there is no need to open intake hose or outtake hose and drain into a emply pot..just simple drian and refil from dipstick area...right?

Yes, drain from plug area and refill in the dipstick hole. Do not mess witht the lines. Also, once you refill the transmission with new fluid. Crank up the engine and move the transmission selector through R N D 2 and back to P. Not exactly sure why you need to do with this. I think it enables the torque converter to be fully lubricated or something along those lines.

Yes, drain from plug area and refill in the dipstick hole. Do not mess witht the lines. Also, once you refill the transmission with new fluid. Crank up the engine and move the transmission selector through R N D 2 and back to P. Not exactly sure why you need to do with this. I think it enables the torque converter to be fully lubricated or something along those lines.
Good point - always a good idea to run the transaxle through the gears, apply the brake, shift through the gears, one at a time, pausing briefly in each gear for a couple of seconds. This is to pump fresh fluid through all the oil passages - some recommend doing this before a drain and refill as well, but I haven't personally done that.

Depending on the driving conditions - might have to drop the pan and clean the magnets and replace the metal "filter". Some cars generate more shavings and deposits than others, some are surprising dirty in 15K miles of driving, others can go twice that distance and be fairly clean - all depends on the driving conditions. Personally, I do a drain and refill every 30K miles, with a pan drop every other drain/refill. But I also tow a small trailer, on occasion, and I see a fair amount of stop and go traffic every day.

Topic List