Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By r81984, May 30, 2010

I was thinking about changing my stock 04 corolla radio with a newer Corolla radio that can use sat radio and can play mp3s.

I currently have the CD/Cassette Corolla radio - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-Toyota-Corolla-Cd-Cassette-Radio-OEM-LKQ-/190399722754

I would want to install a radio like this - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-2010-Toyota-Corolla-factory-radio-cd-satellite-mp3-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255ad49da8QQitemZ160437673384QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Has anyone tried this?

Are the holes in the dash the same?

Are the connectors the same?

If the connectors are different can they be spliced using an aftermarket radio harness kit or do new corolla have some kind of computer integration in them?

Guest hoboninjapirate

The faceplate and mounting brackets of those radios are different. Without extensive professional dash modifying you just won't be happy with the results. Plus the plugs are different, you'd have to hardwire the factory plug for the '10 radio to your 04 Corolla. Secondly even if you got it working and looking good you'd still pay a lot for dealership sat radio unless you bought the parts and installed it yourself/had some other place install it. All in all you'll have much better results if you just go with an aftermarket deck. You can buy a dash kit for $15-20, wire harness for the same amount and a deck that is sat radio ready for $80+(depending on the radio you want. Usually to add the Sat radio you are looking anywhere from $100 to $140 for the tuner/interface adapter.

If a cheap option for an AUX input is what you want you could also go with an FM Direct adapter. Not the best for sound quality but you can find one for $20-40 and they adapt to your vehicles factory antenna. Then a Stratus 6 is like $70 bucks.

The faceplate and mounting brackets of those radios are different. Without extensive professional dash modifying you just won't be happy with the results. Plus the plugs are different, you'd have to hardwire the factory plug for the '10 radio to your 04 Corolla. Secondly even if you got it working and looking good you'd still pay a lot for dealership sat radio unless you bought the parts and installed it yourself/had some other place install it. All in all you'll have much better results if you just go with an aftermarket deck. You can buy a dash kit for $15-20, wire harness for the same amount and a deck that is sat radio ready for $80+(depending on the radio you want. Usually to add the Sat radio you are looking anywhere from $100 to $140 for the tuner/interface adapter.

If a cheap option for an AUX input is what you want you could also go with an FM Direct adapter. Not the best for sound quality but you can find one for $20-40 and they adapt to your vehicles factory antenna. Then a Stratus 6 is like $70 bucks.

I use a cassette adapter for AUX right now.

I was just wondering if a newer radio would fit.

It is no problem for me to make a connector for a newer radio and wire it correctly and newer radios are cheap on ebay. I was really wondering if the dimensions are the same. I dont have one to measure to see if it would fit.

I like the stock look over putting in an aftermarket radio.

Topic List