Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Adding Cruise Control

by ripper, March 22, 2010

Hey wondering if anyone knows some answers to my query?

I have a 2001 toy cor ce. Has no cruise and i would like it. can i pull a factory unit off a donor? If so what parts do i need. There is the cable actuator under the hood, the extra cable, cruise lever on the column. Does the computer need to be swithched? Its a mechanical cruise so hoping not. Also couldn't see the plug that plugs into the actuator? Do they hide it if not in use? do i need a different wiring harness for this? I would like to assume there is only one harness on similair corollas?

thanks

rick.......whitecourt alberta

just curious if this is possible

Pretty sure that atleast one of the members on here as done just than on an 8th gen Corolla - might try searching some past posts for the detailed writeup. I can't think of the poster's name off the top of my head, as it was some time ago.

Pretty sure that atleast one of the members on here as done just than on an 8th gen Corolla - might try searching some past posts for the detailed writeup. I can't think of the poster's name off the top of my head, as it was some time ago.

cool thanks. new to the site. i will give it a shot.

Did you ever find out anything about adding Cruise Control to a 01 Corolla? I would like to add it to my 02.

Thanks

Topic List