Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Paint Concealers

by toyotaFUN, March 9, 2010

My 2002 Corolla was spotless until few days ago when I scratched it while parking. I remember seeing paint concealers in a car shop (look like lipsticks) and I wonder if somebody has tried it? Since I cannot match the paint perfectly, I wonder if I should go with a lighter or darker tone?

My 2002 Corolla was spotless until few days ago when I scratched it while parking. I remember seeing paint concealers in a car shop (look like lipsticks) and I wonder if somebody has tried it? Since I cannot match the paint perfectly, I wonder if I should go with a lighter or darker tone?

Don't know about those, but just today, I had some dents repaired -- the "paintless dent repair" way. The guy who did it gave the name of a guy who fixes scratches and other paint scars. Said he does it with a syringe, and layers the coats to build up until the fix is even with the original paint. You may want to look into that sort of fix in your area.

• 320 posts

Often you can "buff out" minor scratches by essentially pushing over the existing paint on both sides to cover it. body shops can certainly do it. You might be able to but not being an expert... I had a long deep gouge in my last car which the body shop fixed miraculously without paint.

Topic List