Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1994 Prizm System

by fanatic26, March 5, 2010 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

There isnt much in here so I figured i would post my system specs.

1994 Geo Prizm LSi

Head unit: Panasonic MP3 deck with Active Crossover (unknown model)

Front Doors: MB Quart Reference Series passive crossover and tweeters with a Planet Audio Neo 4's

Rear Deck: MQ Quart Reference Series 6.5 coaxial

Subs: Audiobahn AW120T 12's with 1.15 cubic ft of air space (each) in a sealed box.

Sub Amps: Diamond Audio 1100.1 (Mono Block 1100w RMS tested over 1800 peak)

Highs Amp: Hifonics ZXI 1010 (2 channel 1000w class A/B )

Until last week I had a Diamond Audio 500.4 for highs but as this is the second one that has died on me my dealer replaced it free of charge with a much bigger/more reliable amp.

Question to anyone that knows about the 7th gen US Spec Prizm/Corolla. The mounting depth is VERY shallow and I personally tested every 5.25" in the shop and every single one of them was too tall to fit with the factory door cover. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas/recommendations to try before I put kick panel pods in. My system is rear biased on the highs and it has bothered me since I installed the system.

if you're not dead set on 5.25 then you can fit Kenwood dualmag 4" excelon speakers in the stock locations in the front doors perfectly. hard to impossible to find a pair now since they've been discontinued for a while.

So are the 6.5"s in the rear deck drop-in replacements? Just wondering what the stock size is. default_huh

So are the 6.5"s in the rear deck drop-in replacements? Just wondering what the stock size is. default_huh

I looked at the boxes in my garage and the rears are 6" not 6.25" I made them fit because I think the stock size is 5.25" Its been months since I put it together so im not 100* sure.

As far as the fronts go 4" dont cut it, I already have 4" in there and they just arent loud enough. My system is very rear biased and as an audiophile and former installer/salesperson of car audio I really cant stand it. Most basic systems dont even have rear fill and you add it as needed with the front set taking center stage.

try buying some polk audio speakers with an little amp to power them, i promise you you won't be disappointed

check out db401

my friend has the 3.5" and it rivals my 6.5" bazooka el series, i need an amp for my mids though...

try buying some polk audio speakers with an little amp to power them, i promise you you won't be disappointed

check out db401

my friend has the 3.5" and it rivals my 6.5" bazooka el series, i need an amp for my mids though...

I am a former stereo shop salesman/installer and have ran thru many brands, Polk has some 'bright' mids but I am looking for more than brightness, I need some midbass if im gonna spend any money to upgrade

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm