Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2009 Toyota Corolla Coolant And Mixture

By Guest surfmaster, February 19, 2010 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Guest surfmaster

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla and I needed coolant since the reservoir is running a little low so I visited a local Toyota dealership. I asked an employee in the parts department and he said to get the Toyota Super Long Life red coolant since my primarily purposed is to fill the reservoir. I told him the coolant in the reservoir looks pink but he still advised me to get the red version so I bought a gallon of the red. He also said the dilluted pink version is for radiator flushes while the pure red is for the reservoir.

Is this correct?

I didn't know I was supposed to put pure antifreeze in the reservoir. I thought you were supposed to dillute coolant, whether it's for the radiator or resvoir.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

i think your car does take the pink, most new ones do take pink which is predilluted. i'd return the red and just buy the pink.

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla and I needed coolant since the reservoir is running a little low so I visited a local Toyota dealership. I asked an employee in the parts department and he said to get the Toyota Super Long Life red coolant since my primarily purposed is to fill the reservoir. I told him the coolant in the reservoir looks pink but he still advised me to get the red version so I bought a gallon of the red. He also said the dilluted pink version is for radiator flushes while the pure red is for the reservoir.

Is this correct?

I didn't know I was supposed to put pure antifreeze in the reservoir. I thought you were supposed to dillute coolant, whether it's for the radiator or resvoir.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Why not keep the red and just add distilled water in a 50/50 ratio?

Sounds like the tech was mistaken, I've never heard of using two different dilutions for the cooling system and the reservoir tank. As Bitter mentioned, the "Pink" stuff is the super long life coolant, different additive package than the older Toyota Red long life coolant. Diluted to the same ratios (55/45) - Red is supposed to be good for 30K miles, Pink is good for 100K miles.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)