Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Kids Did It Again

By doubletrouble, January 1, 2010

This time My son hit a curb block and knocked the plastic skirting from under the drivers side. They were driving and dragging parts down the highway. When they came home my son shows me a black plastic tank about 12x12 that fits under the air cleaner box underneath the battery i think . I do not know what it is. It has a filler neck that sits up in the frame and some holes on the bottom. never noticed it before. The mounts for it are snapped off. any clues what it is?

It is the radiator fluid overflow reservoir. It is a very important part of the cooling system. Get it fixed ASAP. I find it really hard to believe that this tank came off while car's bottom scraped the curb. It's not that far below really, but it is positioned exactly below the battery on 8th gen corolla. Post some photos of the damage if you could.

This time My son hit a curb block and knocked the plastic skirting from under the drivers side. They were driving and dragging parts down the highway. When they came home my son shows me a black plastic tank about 12x12 that fits under the air cleaner box underneath the battery i think . I do not know what it is. It has a filler neck that sits up in the frame and some holes on the bottom. never noticed it before. The mounts for it are snapped off. any clues what it is?

If it's black it could be the air intake resonator. The "filler" tube goes up into the intake pipe by the battery.

The engine will sound pretty loud if you don't get it fixed, but it's not a deal breaker. The engine might run more poorly.

I'm not sure about your model, but coolant overflow reservoirs are usually white-ish, not black.

If it's black it could be the air intake resonator. The "filler" tube goes up into the intake pipe by the battery.

The engine will sound pretty loud if you don't get it fixed, but it's not a deal breaker. The engine might run more poorly.

I'm not sure about your model, but coolant overflow reservoirs are usually white-ish, not black.

It is the air intake resonator i think. The kid also took out a front rim and tire . The steering wheel was shaking pretty bad so I swapped a spare tire and it lessened. Took the car to wally-world and had them put two almost new extra tires on rims for the front. Thank goodness I bought them .dean quadra extra's made by cooper i think . Wonderful tires in snow and on ice i found out.Our sub is an icy mess. Turns out he took a chunk out of the inner sidewall on the drivers side and the passenger tire had a bad belt that had the car pulling right like an alignment problem. The car is drivable again for now. I might get a resonator from the u-pull yard when i get time. Kids .....

I totally overlooked the part that tank was black in color. Definitely not the radiator overflow tank. Sorry about the confusion and wrong advise.

If its just the resonator, I dont thinks it worth the time/effort to put it back in.

I removed it when switching over to a CAI (home made), on a friend's '01.

tdk

Topic List