Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Dave, September 5, 2009

Should we have a "General Discussions" forum?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a "General Discussions" forum?

• 320 posts

The plus side: builds community, lets us talk about stuff other than Corollas

The down side: can lead to nasty political stuff

• 1,424 posts

A general discussions forum is always full of a bunch of crap stirring.

Due to the inability of some people to keep their mouths shut and their noses out of others business, I do not recommend such a forum on this board.

However, that is just my opinion and it isn't worth much.

-the99contour

don't we currently have one?

K_Watson

Are we thinking of getting rid of it?

I voted yes, we should have it.

A lot of the problems with Off-topic sections occur on larger forums related to broader and/or more popular topics. This forum is small and pretty narrow in it's target audience, therefore not very likely to attract those looking to start trouble, or let members get away with throwing insults.

There is also a lot of forum building that comes from the "off-topic" sections. A lot of us on this forum have knowledge not limited to just Corollas. I for one know a fair amount about things like, science, computers, mowers, electronics, and guns. I would be willing to help someone who asks a question about any of those things. It never hurts to ask for help in an off topic section, regardless of the main topic of a forum. I asked about mowers and got a lot of good help as as a few other members who chimed in.

keep it.

Bikeman982

Where else would I wish everyone a HAPPY HOLIDAY?

I also own other vehicles, besides Corollas!

Sure you get B.S., but that's some people's kids talking!

I try to stay out of politics. You won't find me discussing it much.

Corolla owners are varied and also have varied interests which are nice to read about.

That's my 2 cents - I voted - yes.

I'd like to keep it.

Politics and religion can be discussed respectfully and if someone gets ugly, which hardly ever happens here, then their post can be reported and deleted.

You can always ban politics or religion from the forum if you want also.

who voted no? default_laugh

Keep the general discussions - we can always clean it up as needed. I believe the level of maturity on this board shines way above most of the others I subscribe to. A general discussion can also keep the board active - different topics that many can chime in on.

Exactly!

Keep the general discussions - we can always clean it up as needed. I believe the level of maturity on this board shines way above most of the others I subscribe to. A general discussion can also keep the board active - different topics that many can chime in on.

Bikeman982

We are mature! Want to fight about it!

What about a forum broken down by model/generation Corollas?

I read a lot about the newer Corollas and none of it applies to the cars I have.

A general discussion forum is a good idea, since not everything falls into the automotive arena.

Topic List