Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest raycastro

I've been looking for power upgrades for my 1998 Corolla, and I found this:

Jet Performance Products

It looks like they don't have an off-the-shelf chip for the Corolla, but they have a module of some sort called V-Force that "optimizes the ignition spark advance and recalibrates the fuel map for optimum horsepower and acceleration."

Has anyone here tried this or know of similar products?

I think you are pretty much stuck with TRD performance parts. There is a supercharger kit for newer Corollas that offers 166HP and 142ft-lbs of wheel spinning torque.

Guest raycastro

Unfortunately, the TRD superchargers are for the 2003 Corollas.

Guest laz_

Guest laz_

I have a 98 corolla as well.

I have added a Cold Air Intake, and a TRD Sports muffler and I have gained good usable power. I also have the TRD lowering struts/springs, as well as some 16" wheels with yokohama avid h4 tires. The whole package makes the car more enjoyable to drive, and "frees" it's potential.

Xavier

www.northeasterntuners.com <- A Toyota Corolla Based Club

I have a 98 corolla as well.

I have added a Cold Air Intake, and a TRD Sports muffler and I have gained good usable power. I also have the TRD lowering struts/springs, as well as some 16" wheels with yokohama avid h4 tires. The whole package makes the car more enjoyable to drive, and "frees" it's potential.

Xavier

www.northeasterntuners.com <- A Toyota Corolla Based Club

Bang for the buck.... what do you think made the biggest improvement in performance. IF you had to do just one, what would it be? Other than the tires themselves.... those yokohama;s are a given IMO.... although I'm going to get the Avid T4's for better wear.

Guest raycastro

Sounds like you've already done what I have in mind to do for my 98 Corolla as well. If I do the CAI, I'm going to do the TRD exhaust as well. From what I've read on other boards (www.vvti.net), you end up with better performance. A company called Spool Turbo is currently developing a turbo kit for the 1998-2002 Corolla's. Last I checked, it's scheduled for completion at the end of October. I never really intended to rice out my ride, but hey, what the heck.... default_smile Let's have some fun!

Topic List