Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

New Software Installed

By Dave, July 13, 2009

• 320 posts

New software installed. Bet you knew that already.

Looks a lot better. I still think enabling custom avatars would be better. I doubt small ones say around 100x100 wouldnt bog the site down noticeably.

• 320 posts

I'll think about it. Maybe integrated with a subscription package... given that this forum now runs ZERO advertising!

i never see advertising on forums, adblock and noscript.

• 320 posts

While I'm sure that makes for a more pleasant experience, in the end, that's how we pay our bills. So I wouldn't boast about it too much.

i'd be more than willing to donate a few dollars to make up for the lost pennies from ads whats the paypal? i'll send $8, you should get about $3 after paypal fees. default_dry

Hey, wow!

nice look.

taking a little getting used to, but its nice

Bikeman982

What's up with the change???

Was the old look bad??

Well it was outdated for a long time. Much better now I think. The later upgrade may even look better yet.

• 320 posts

Thanks, Bitter, for the offer. I'll take you up on that next week.

You're right, I expect a couple of additional upgrades soon given how extensive the changes were, we're already up to 3.0.1 now.

Coming up is a subscriptions manager which will make it possible for people to have avatars if desired, and I plan to install a Corolla registry...

Oh well, I just went with one of the generic avy's on the site. Maybe its supposed to be the face of bigfoot peeking thru the bushes. lol

The forum changes do look pretty nice - pretty clean interface. Thanks for the upgrade Dave. default_biggrin

Thanks, Bitter, for the offer. I'll take you up on that next week.

You're right, I expect a couple of additional upgrades soon given how extensive the changes were, we're already up to 3.0.1 now.

Coming up is a subscriptions manager which will make it possible for people to have avatars if desired, and I plan to install a Corolla registry...

good, can you make the tiny little arrow that i click on to goto the last new post in a thread a little bigger and easier to click on?

Looks good and seems to work well Dave. Once we get used to it we'll forget about the old system.

Jay in MA

New forum software is look'n good. Haven't posted with it yet much, but I'm liking it so far.

• 320 posts

Good - and thanks for all your feedback. I'll see about biggering the arrow once we hit 3.02 -- I know it's coming. Remind me if I forget...

Also -> there ARE more features coming sooner or later.

Good - and thanks for all your feedback. I'll see about biggering the arrow once we hit 3.02 -- I know it's coming. Remind me if I forget...

Also -> there ARE more features coming sooner or later.

"biggering" huh?

Not sure that's linguistically possible. default_wink

My first reaction was "what the ....." but I'm quickly getting the hang of it. It's a good thing.

"Biggering?" Could you have meant "Enlarging?" LOL -- I thought "biggering" was pretty funny, since it rhymes with one of the funnier British slang terms, which I won't use here.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else