Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Breaking Bad

By Larry Roll April 27, 2009

Is anyone here watching the AMC-TV Original Series "Breaking Bad?" I am, and it's fantastic! It's about a 50-year old Albuquerque, New Mexico high school chemistry teacher, Walter White (played by Bryan Cranston), who is diagnosed with lung cancer and given 18 months to live. Never having made any big money in his life, and with his 40-year old wife Skyler (Anna Gunn) unexpectedly pregnant, he seeks to find a way to make a lot of money really fast. His brother-in-law, a DEA agent, tells him about all the money seized in a Crystal Meth drug bust, and Walter is impressed. He knows, with his knowledge of chemistry, that the can make crystal meth in large quantities and with an exceptional purity level. He enlists the aid of one of his former (flunked out) pupils, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) to do the "dealing" end of the business while he masterminds production. The series revolves around these two, with other characters providing extremely interesting plot points. It's probably the best written TV series I've seen since Star Trek. A "dark comedy" which gives great insight into human motivations.

If any Corolland members are out there watching this series, I'd be interested in sharing thoughts with them. And to tie it in to this forum, in the current (second) season, the character Jesse Pinkman is driving what appears to be a second- or third-generation Toyota Corolla station wagon he purchased used to replace his low-rider Monte Carlo which he lost at the beginning of the season.

If you're watching, let's talk it up! If not, it's on AMC-TV at 10 PM Sundays, and there is a web site about the series at AMCTV.com.

Bikeman982

Is anyone here watching the AMC-TV Original Series "Breaking Bad?" I am, and it's fantastic! It's about a 50-year old Albuquerque, New Mexico high school chemistry teacher, Walter White (played by Bryan Cranston), who is diagnosed with lung cancer and given 18 months to live. Never having made any big money in his life, and with his 40-year old wife Skyler (Anna Gunn) unexpectedly pregnant, he seeks to find a way to make a lot of money really fast. His brother-in-law, a DEA agent, tells him about all the money seized in a Crystal Meth drug bust, and Walter is impressed. He knows, with his knowledge of chemistry, that the can make crystal meth in large quantities and with an exceptional purity level. He enlists the aid of one of his former (flunked out) pupils, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) to do the "dealing" end of the business while he masterminds production. The series revolves around these two, with other characters providing extremely interesting plot points. It's probably the best written TV series I've seen since Star Trek. A "dark comedy" which gives great insight into human motivations.

If any Corolland members are out there watching this series, I'd be interested in sharing thoughts with them. And to tie it in to this forum, in the current (second) season, the character Jesse Pinkman is driving what appears to be a second- or third-generation Toyota Corolla station wagon he purchased used to replace his low-rider Monte Carlo which he lost at the beginning of the season.

If you're watching, let's talk it up! If not, it's on AMC-TV at 10 PM Sundays, and there is a web site about the series at AMCTV.com.

I changed the channel when it came on Larry.

I watched the news instead.

Sorry to hear that, Bike. Considering what you probably saw in the news that day, watching Breaking Bad would have been much better use of your time (IMHO).

Bikeman982

Whatever it is that gets watched - it is still time in your life that can never be recovered.

In the overall scheme of life - does it really matter?

If I ever want a chronic bout of depression I'll make sure and watch the news. lol

I just watch shows that I enjoy. Better to laugh than sigh. 

Bikeman982

If I ever want a chronic bout of depression I'll make sure and watch the news. lol

I just watch shows that I enjoy. Better to laugh than sigh. 

I'm with you - I would rather watch a comedy than bad news.

Speaking of comedy I was sad to hear that dom deluise died monday. Man he was hilarious.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else