Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

03 Corolla Wheel Swap

by DanC, April 11, 2009

Hi all, first time posting, looking forward to reading and maybe helping when I can. I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to a question I have, or maybe has done what I want to do. I have found a really clean set of 03 Celica factory aluminum rims, the 5 spoke style, for cheap, a younger guy went with "fancier" rims. They are 15"x6.5" with a 5-100 bolt spacing. I am positive that the bolt hole arrangement will work, my concern is the width, which I believe is .5" wider than the steel rims I have on there now. Also, I am not sure of the offset on the Celica rims, if there is any at all. my tires on the car now are 185 wide, and I know that some of the Corollas came with 195's, I guess what I am getting at is will there be interference issues, will they fit properly, not sticking out because of an offset, etc.

Thanks for any and all help,

Dan.

So... no one knows???

Hi all, first time posting, looking forward to reading and maybe helping when I can. I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to a question I have, or maybe has done what I want to do. I have found a really clean set of 03 Celica factory aluminum rims, the 5 spoke style, for cheap, a younger guy went with "fancier" rims. They are 15"x6.5" with a 5-100 bolt spacing. I am positive that the bolt hole arrangement will work, my concern is the width, which I believe is .5" wider than the steel rims I have on there now. Also, I am not sure of the offset on the Celica rims, if there is any at all. my tires on the car now are 185 wide, and I know that some of the Corollas came with 195's, I guess what I am getting at is will there be interference issues, will they fit properly, not sticking out because of an offset, etc. Thanks for any and all help,

Dan.

So... no one knows??? 

Hi all, first time posting, looking forward to reading and maybe helping when I can. I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to a question I have, or maybe has done what I want to do. I have found a really clean set of 03 Celica factory aluminum rims, the 5 spoke style, for cheap, a younger guy went with "fancier" rims. They are 15"x6.5" with a 5-100 bolt spacing. I am positive that the bolt hole arrangement will work, my concern is the width, which I believe is .5" wider than the steel rims I have on there now. Also, I am not sure of the offset on the Celica rims, if there is any at all. my tires on the car now are 185 wide, and I know that some of the Corollas came with 195's, I guess what I am getting at is will there be interference issues, will they fit properly, not sticking out because of an offset, etc. Thanks for any and all help,

Dan.

don't know about your corolla but my 99 corolla has a 4x100 bolt pattern.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The Celica wheel should fit the 9th gen Corolla, no problem - both share the same 5x100 bolt pattern.

Wheel offset is within the range for the Corolla (35mm-45mm) - and you can fit up to a 205 width tire without clearance issues. Some have run as wide as 215 or 225 without too much rubbing - 205 is the number listed in the books.

The 185 width tire would still fit a 6.5" wheel - but would probably be better to run a 195. Remember, the 185/65-15 was the OEM tire size for Corolla, 195/65-15 was the optional size on the CE trim and standard on LE and S trims in most markets.

Great!! Thanks alot fish...that was the answer I was looking for.

And thank you for the welcome.

Respectfully,

Dan.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The Celica wheel should fit the 9th gen Corolla, no problem - both share the same 5x100 bolt pattern.

Wheel offset is within the range for the Corolla (35mm-45mm) - and you can fit up to a 205 width tire without clearance issues. Some have run as wide as 215 or 225 without too much rubbing - 205 is the number listed in the books.

The 185 width tire would still fit a 6.5" wheel - but would probably be better to run a 195. Remember, the 185/65-15 was the OEM tire size for Corolla, 195/65-15 was the optional size on the CE trim and standard on LE and S trims in most markets.

Topic List