Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Corolla Non Power To Power Mirror 99-02

By brooklyn99corolla, March 28, 2009

does anyone know if i can fit the mirrors from a non power mirror into a power mirror? is the mirror the same?

If you are talking about just the glass (mirror) piece - then the two are interchangeable. If we are talking about the housing - bolt patterns would be the same to the door, but the window lower frame bracket garnish would be different (non-power one has a big hole where the control rod sticks out -powered one is smooth to cover the electricals coming out of them).

If you are talking about just the glass (mirror) piece - then the two are interchangeable. If we are talking about the housing - bolt patterns would be the same to the door, but the window lower frame bracket garnish would be different (non-power one has a big hole where the control rod sticks out -powered one is smooth to cover the electricals coming out of them).

Thanks Fish, i'm going to install oem power mirrors on my CE do you know if the harness is hidden in the door panel or its just hanging when i remove the bracket garnish?

The harness from the mirror itself runs down the inner door panel. The necessary lines and to actually connect them together, you have to pull the inside door panel off. They should be inside the door, near where the mirror is - atleast from other Corollas that didn't come with OEM power mirrors.

Need to secure a control switch or wire in an aftermarket job - also need new bracket garnishes, unless you plan on cutting them up for tweeters.

The harness from the mirror itself runs down the inner door panel. The necessary lines and to actually connect them together, you have to pull the inside door panel off. They should be inside the door, near where the mirror is - atleast from other Corollas that didn't come with OEM power mirrors.

Need to secure a control switch or wire in an aftermarket job - also need new bracket garnishes, unless you plan on cutting them up for tweeters.

got the entire setup for $50 shipped, power mirrors, mirror switch, and bracket garnishes. Thanks for the help!! would you have a link for the door panel removal?

I think there is an exploded diagram in my Photobucket account in my sig, in a "Documentation" photo folder.

Fish, glass (mirror) is not interchangeable non power has a different backing plate than power, the non power has a round dome and the power is mirror has a flat back with two spring looking things coming out of the back.

Thanks for posting back the information, that is good to know.

I was considering this a few years back.

Do you have any photos comparing the 2?

thanks

tdk.

Topic List