Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Upgrading Stock Speakers

by grifff, March 16, 2009

Hello, I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla LE. I'm looking to upgrade the stock speakers for ones with more bass and a better overall sound. Can anyone recommend me some brands/models that will be a direct fit into my 6x9 and 6.5 inch stock speaker enclosures? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla LE. I'm looking to upgrade the stock speakers for ones with more bass and a better overall sound. Can anyone recommend me some brands/models that will be a direct fit into my 6x9 and 6.5 inch stock speaker enclosures? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Well, first of all, I would suggest getting a better than stock head unit. As for the speakers....I changed my door and rear speakers to Infinitiy's as my model didn't come with corner window speakers, but I had Infinity's put in there as well. I don't recall if the LE came with 6 speakers or not, but I had to order the metal corner posts from the "sport" model Corolla of '05 to accomodate the tweeters. By the way, they make all the difference in the world. Oh.....and then there may be a bit of a need for an amp in your trunk. BUT........it's well worth it.

Another thing.....I know my Infinity's didn't match the rear 4 hole stock configuration, so I had to improvise without drilling holes.

+1 on the HU upgrade.

Before spending big $$ on speakers,

Get a decent H/U.

If you feel you don't have enough bass, add a small (or large) sub.

Topic List