Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Manual Transmission Oil Change

by simon7mm, March 2, 2009

Hoping somone can help me!

I have a 2002 Corolla 5spd manual, I want to change the oil in the gear box.

I see the drain plug, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me where to add the gear oil to the transmission?

Is there more oil to change in the Differential, or is it the same stuff in the manual?

Thanks

Bikeman982

Hoping somone can help me!I have a 2002 Corolla 5spd manual, I want to change the oil in the gear box.

I see the drain plug, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me where to add the gear oil to the transmission?

Is there more oil to change in the Differential, or is it the same stuff in the manual?

Thanks

Do you have a repair manual??

If you have a drain plug, then you can drain the old oil out.

There must be a bolt or nut on the side or near the top (or even on top) that is used as a fill plug.

I have not seen the 2002, so I can only help you with the earlier Corollas.

Hoping somone can help me!I have a 2002 Corolla 5spd manual, I want to change the oil in the gear box.

Thanks

Do you have a repair manual??

If you have a drain plug, then you can drain the old oil out.

There must be a bolt or nut on the side or near the top (or even on top) that is used as a fill plug.

I have not seen the 2002, so I can only help you with the earlier Corollas.

Thanks Bikeman,

I don't have a repair manual yet. It takes me a while to get these things where I live! There is a small (8mmor 10mm) bolt almost at the top of the transmision, but I am afraid that it holds something on, on the inside.

The bolt is about 3/4 the way up and out from all the rest of the bolts that hold the housing together. I may try that one later today.

The top of the transmission is not that accessible, but I might remove the airfilter housing and stuff to see if I can see another possible fill hole. I would like to see at least a 12mm hole to insert the oil.

I found the fill hole, it is on top of the transmission, under the air filter assembly. it has a 24 mm head....same as the drain lug. First time I changed it in 271,000Kms. it was a little dark but not nearly as bad as I thought.

Yes its two 24mm bolts. Be sure to remove the fill plug first before the drain plug, b/c if the fill is seized then your SOL.

Topic List