Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Amgen Tour Of California

By Bikeman982, February 9, 2009

Bikeman982

The AMGEN Tour of California is coming up on February 14th.

Who will win it this year - Lance Armstrong??

The AMGEN Tour of California is coming up on February 14th.Who will win it this year - Lance Armstrong??

What is the AMGEN tour? I didn't realize that Lance Armstrong was still racing. Will he ever return to the Tour De France?

Bikeman982

The AMGEN Tour of California is coming up on February 14th.Who will win it this year - Lance Armstrong??

What is the AMGEN tour? I didn't realize that Lance Armstrong was still racing. Will he ever return to the Tour De France?

I knew you would be interested Larry.

Lance is racing in a tour held in Sacramento, California starting on the 14th.

He is also planning on doing the Tour DeFrance again this year.

Wow. Just checked out the Tour's website. The fact that the first stage will be in Monaco is really exciting. For a very small principality, Monaco has a legendary sporting tradition. Bringing the Tour back there seems quite natural. I can't wait to see, I just hope I'll be able to see the start live. Hopefully I'll have my Verizon FIOS by then and I'll be able to capture the whole tour on a DVR.

The web site didn't say anything about Lance, but other sites do. It will be great to see him in the Tour again; it would be even better to see him win again, for the EIGHTH time! However, I'll be happy just to see him there!

Bikeman982

Wow. Just checked out the Tour's website. The fact that the first stage will be in Monaco is really exciting. For a very small principality, Monaco has a legendary sporting tradition. Bringing the Tour back there seems quite natural. I can't wait to see, I just hope I'll be able to see the start live. Hopefully I'll have my Verizon FIOS by then and I'll be able to capture the whole tour on a DVR.

The web site didn't say anything about Lance, but other sites do. It will be great to see him in the Tour again; it would be even better to see him win again, for the EIGHTH time! However, I'll be happy just to see him there!

Are you going to France??

Are you going to France??

Moi? Go to France for the Tour? I'd love to, but I'd need a winning Lottery ticket, first. I'd love to be one of those guys who ride the motorcycles along with the tour. However, on my bike, I probably would be pretty much finished after coming in dead last on the first stage!

I read the Wikipedia article on Lance, and he says he wants to win the Tour again! So, this year we can expect a lot of excitement!

Bikeman982

Let's hope the riders can race (and win) without using any illegal substances (drugs/doping).

The whole sports world is brought down by disqualifications based on failing drug tests.

Bicycling should be done by people who can be looked up to by small kids with a dream of becoming a professional rider.

If Lance wins the tour again, it will be earned, for sure.

Bikeman982

The race is not too far from where I live and the weather is definitely adverse.

Levi is doing great and Lance is also moving up the list for potential overall winner.

We will know in a short time.

Bikeman982

Looked like a nasty spill for Levi.

That's what happens when tires overlap each other and then make contact.

It is a tough sport and the people who ride it have to be tough as well.

Bikeman982

Looks like the favorite is Levi, because he has won it before and he is also on Lance's team (or is Lance on his team?).

Bikeman982

Levi Leipheimer was the winner.

This is the third time he has won.

He had Lance and others from his team help him, but he is still overall winner.

How will he do in the Tour DeFrance, or will Lance be the one helped to win??

I just heard today that Lance broke his collarbone in a pileup in Spain. Now looks doubtful to be healed in time for the Tour de France. Darn! Get well soon, Lance!

Bikeman982

I just heard today that Lance broke his collarbone in a pileup in Spain. Now looks doubtful to be healed in time for the Tour de France. Darn! Get well soon, Lance!
Bad luck for the best bicyclist ever (at least in modern times).

Topic List: Go to Everything Else