Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

New Brakes

by JeremyH, January 1, 2009

A few weeks ago I installed a new set of pads and rotors on my wife's '05 Corolla. I used EBC Green pads and EBC USR Sport rotors and they work quite well. This setup provides excellent braking for this vehicle and the company provides great customer service! Anyway, here is a pic:

Click Here

Looks great!

Thanks!

I know that upgrades to the brake system aren't something that folks like to do, but they are quite important!

Going fast is cool, but stopping is a necessity!

Bikeman982

Looks like a slotted rotor.

Probably good for dissippitating heat and water.

Looks like a slotted rotor.Probably good for dissippitating heat and water.
Yep, we'll see how long they last. I am curious to see what they will look like after the next pad change and a rotor turn is performed...

BTW, I get no noise from these rotors (which I expected since they are slotted).

i'm not a fan of greenstuff pads, however i've not heard any reviews since they changed their composition. keep us updated on noise, stopping, and rotor wear.

Yeah, I talked with EBC before I purchased the pads....they changed the composition of the Green pads a few years ago to make them more durable (less brake dust). They also informed me that I should not use anti-squeak on the back side of the pad, that it could possible damage the pad. I was a bit shocked to hear this and expected to hear some squealing from the metal/metal contact, but none so far.

Looks awsome!

Hmmm... reminds me, i have to do a brake job too... just too damn lazy in this friggin cold!!

tdk.

Yeah, I get sluggish with vehicle repairs/maintenance when the weather gets cold. It's a good thing that it isn't too cold here for very long!

Topic List