Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2009 Corolla Le With Body Kit?

By Guest joem, December 10, 2008 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Guest joem

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if a 2009 corolla le could have a body kit?

On the Canadian Toyota website there is an option for the body kit. Here is the exact copy "Coloured Full Skirt Package, Coloured Mirrors, Door Handles & Rear Spoiler, Power Moonroof with Sunshade". I have the specifications booklet from toyota and it is not mentioned anywhere.. I can't select the above option either... So my only guess is that it is a misprint.

So the question remains.. If I can't get that option for the body kit is there somewhere I can get an after market one?

I like the Sport model and all but I like the push start option better.. Any help would be greatly appreciated default_smile

Hello and Welcome to the forums.

Some options are based only on region and market. Could be something listed in the catalog that might only be available in that market or sales region - or options removed after the catalog was printed due to availability or vendor supply issues.

I'm sure you can probably find a set somewhere and have it installed on the LE trim - but being such a new car and the availability of the parts, could be a very expensive avenue. Not impossible - but be prepared for a long turnaround time - the cookie cutter trim levels would have priority.

Just ask the99contour - as he "custom" optioned his former Corolla - he had to go through some hoops to make that happen, in the end, it still wasn't quite right.

Aftermarket would be another option - but nothing will fit as well as the OEM kit. Aftermarket might not have a direct application for hte 10th gen Corolla right now - but there are shops that can custom make one for you at a price.

• 1,424 posts
Just ask the99contour - as he "custom" optioned his former Corolla - he had to go through some hoops to make that happen, in the end, it still wasn't quite right.

Yeah, I custom optioned my last Corolla and waited 87 days instead of the promised 30 to 40. When the car came in, the wheels were wrong. I was so pissed that to get rid of me the Toyota dealer actually drove to Cincinnati, with a car from their lot, traded the car to the dealer in Cincinnati for a car with the wheels I wanted and drove it back. They then put the wheels off that car on my car.

Anyway, custom order is nice, but a Corolla isn't a Rolls Royce or anything, you can get what you want, providing that Toyota actually offers that option. The body kit that the original poster is asking about is exclusive to the S and XRS. It CAN NOT be ordered for a Corolla LE or XLE.

That being said, you could always take the car to a bodyshop and ask them to order you the entire body kit for a S from Toyota, paint it and install it. However, you are looking at paying at least $2500 and more like $3000 for the kit, paint and install being that the car is so new and Toyota will be the only place to get the parts.

IMHO, the body kit on Toyotas is not very good looking and is definitely not worth even a grand, let alone three. If you want the body kit so badly, my advice to you is to buy a Corolla S, option it out and live without the push button start.

extreme dimensions offers a full body kit for 09-10 corolla.I had one of their kits on a 1995 geo prism. It was made to fit a corolla and was installed when i bought the car. I was not overly impressed with the quality of the kit or their customer support when i needed a replacement part. the glass seem to spider crack and the fit and finish was just o.k.

the newer kits are supposed to be much better , made of a new duraflex compound but remember that the all these kits hang low. Mine would hit ground on speed bumps and was all but undriveable in the snow. It might have had to do with the lowering springs which were 1.5 inches lower plus 18 inch rims ,but it was still a hassle.I had to angle the car up my driveway so it would not scrape.

If i were you i would leave the car alone or get a factory kit.too much hassle for a new car. I am planning another sleeper tuner car based on a newer prism. This time i will go with 15 inch rims , no lowering , and a turbo 1.8.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)