Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 Corolla S Install Cruise Control After? Possible?

by melody, November 18, 2008

i bought a used corolla S 2003 and it doesnt have cruise control and i want to install it from toyota? is it possible?

how much will it cost?

Toyota does not make a cruise control module, but Gulf States Toyota does. I checked with www.toyotaautoparts.com and the part number for the 03 Corolla is 00012-01800. They would sell you the unit for $199.00 plus shipping. I would go that route.

i bought a used corolla S 2003 and it doesnt have cruise control and i want to install it from toyota? is it possible?how much will it cost?
I have a used 04 CE manual transmission that i had a toyota dealer install cruise in. It appears exactly as my friends stock cruise unit. The total cost was $350 US.

An interesting note i found out when i tried to buy the parts only was that the 04 was more than an 05 or 03. Even though the motors are the same, a slightly different cruise mechanism with a chain was used in my year 04. Hopefully the match for you is the cheaper one.

Just a thought....

If money is a consideration, you could always go aftermarket and buy a universal cruise control kit for your Corolla. The only downside would be that it might not "look" right in the car, depending on what type it is. It may be another additional steering lever stalk, or even a dashboard mounted type. BUT, you could probably get one for around $100 less installation. I've had several and most of them worked as well as factory installed unit. One was a piece of crap, however.....

Anyways, just thought I would add my two cents worth!!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

timkedz

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)