Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Electrical Wire On Side Mirror

by candn, November 14, 2008

04 corolla CE electric non heated mirror

A driver in the family smashed the drivers side mirror. I have bought a new one on ebay. When i undid the 3 nuts holding it onto the door i have the unit now hanging by the electrical cord. I can't find the connection. There is very little slack so simply pulling on the wire didn't help . The wire seems solidly held back inside the door panel.I assume it is in the door panel somewhere. A few questions.

1.Is the wire connection actually in the door panel?

2. Do I have to take off the interior door panel to find the spot where the new mirror wire will plug in?

3. How do i take off the door panel to access this spot. I have no special automotive tools but lots of mechanical/carpentry tools.

thankyou

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunantly, that connector is just below the mirror assembly, under the interior trim panel. You can probably see that it runs from the mirror assembly and sneaks under the trim. Not particularly hard to take off - basically you need to:

- Take off the interior door handle (single screw) and window regulator handle assembly snap ring (if non-power window)

- Then the door arm rest and associated filler panel infront of it will have to come off - underneath that will be a single screw.

- You've already removed the corner window garnish.

- There are about 8 clips holding the panel onto the door frame. Should be able to pry back the trim a hair and see the clips. Just some light prying from a screwdriver or puttyknife should pop the clip out. Work around the door and get all the clips - then it should be just hanging by the handle.

- Move that handle slightly back and out to remove - the whole panel should be free.

- Carefully peel back the vapor barrier as required to get at the access hole(s). Should be able to pop that out with little issue - might even be able to get from the top somewhere.

Tough parts might be around the filler panel infront of the arm rest and around the manually operated window regulator (non-power windows). Window regulator snap ring can be worked out with special tool or with a thin shop rag worked back and forth underneath, between the handle and the door. The clips for the filler panel - just have to be careful. I managed to breakoff one of the tabs - still holds it there, but occasionally buzzes from time to time.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunantly, that connector is just below the mirror assembly, under the interior trim panel. You can probably see that it runs from the mirror assembly and sneaks under the trim. Not particularly hard to take off - basically you need to:

- Take off the interior door handle (single screw) and window regulator handle assembly snap ring (if non-power window)

- Then the door arm rest and associated filler panel infront of it will have to come off - underneath that will be a single screw.

- You've already removed the corner window garnish.

- There are about 8 clips holding the panel onto the door frame. Should be able to pry back the trim a hair and see the clips. Just some light prying from a screwdriver or puttyknife should pop the clip out. Work around the door and get all the clips - then it should be just hanging by the handle.

- Move that handle slightly back and out to remove - the whole panel should be free.

- Carefully peel back the vapor barrier as required to get at the access hole(s). Should be able to pop that out with little issue - might even be able to get from the top somewhere.

Tough parts might be around the filler panel infront of the arm rest and around the manually operated window regulator (non-power windows). Window regulator snap ring can be worked out with special tool or with a thin shop rag worked back and forth underneath, between the handle and the door. The clips for the filler panel - just have to be careful. I managed to breakoff one of the tabs - still holds it there, but occasionally buzzes from time to time.

Thankyou fishexpo101 this forum is excellent. That is exactly the information i need. If i encounter any problems i,ll be sure to ask. I like the detailed info including possible problem areas

Topic List