Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By xuimod, October 28, 2008

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a used Corolla ('03-'05). I just read that the upgraded audio for that generation of Corolla has 6 speakers. My question is where are the 6 speakers located? I just want to know where to look to see if the car has an upgraded audio system or not.

Thanks.

• 1,424 posts
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a used Corolla ('03-'05). I just read that the upgraded audio for that generation of Corolla has 6 speakers. My question is where are the 6 speakers located? I just want to know where to look to see if the car has an upgraded audio system or not.

Thanks.

There are two speakers in the rear deck, one on each front door and two tweeters near the sideview mirrors. The two tweeters constitute the 5th and 6th speakers, so all you have to do is look for those.

BTW, I wouldn't buy an early build 2005 model. 2005 was the first model to have an electronic throttle and they hadn't quite perfected it yet. The electronic throttle on mine was flaky, and the dealer could never replicate the acceleration lag nor the dead pedal issue that I would occasionally encounter. I assume that the problem was fixed because my Solara and the Camry has an electronic throttle and they don't exhibit these issues.

Anyway, good luck in finding a car.

Hi,

Thanks.

There are two speakers in the rear deck, one on each front door and two tweeters near the sideview mirrors. The two tweeters constitute the 5th and 6th speakers, so all you have to do is look for those.

BTW, I wouldn't buy an early build 2005 model. 2005 was the first model to have an electronic throttle and they hadn't quite perfected it yet. The electronic throttle on mine was flaky, and the dealer could never replicate the acceleration lag nor the dead pedal issue that I would occasionally encounter. I assume that the problem was fixed because my Solara and the Camry has an electronic throttle and they don't exhibit these issues.

Anyway, good luck in finding a car.

Thanks for the info.

Topic List