Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

No Spark Ae101

by 954afe, October 13, 2008

ok put my new engine in ran for about a month battery died now when i jumped it heard a pop now no spark. i have replaced all fuses under the hood, checked all regular fuses inside driver side. replaced disturibtor, replaced plugs. not sure what else it could be

is the distributor turning when you crank the engine?

yes it is

When did you hear the pop? Right when you jumped it (right when you connected the jumper leads)? Or immediately afterwards, when you started to crank the engine over?

Could have smoked a wire in the harness, popped the ECM, or burned through one of the fuseable links under the hood. If the harness or fuseable links - need to take some time with a voltmeter and appropriate probes to buzz out the main leads.

It sounds like, mechanically, the car is OK - just it is not getting the signal to fire off the igniter (coil). That would mostly likely be wiring harness or ECM to me - I'd start buzzing those wires out until you find something amiss. Looks for the quick obvious signs - burnt or discolored wiring - any insulation that looks like it has rubbed off or melted off and now shorting to ground, etc.

Bikeman982

Maybe connected the jumper wires backwards?

Check battery condition.

no jumpers where on right just for some reason this car has never liked to be jumped sounds weird but ya. plus it was an 08 yukon denali so maybe to many apps. ill check the harness and see what i can find thanks for the help.

Topic List