Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By doubletrouble, October 13, 2008

I was just wondering what everybody is using for wax on the rolla's. My scratched old beater could use a good rub out and wax. I bought some sonax wax from the local flea market for $3. Never heard of it before. Have you?

I have not tried it yet ,but it looks like good stuff.Here is a link to the company and some on ebay. They are a German manufacturer and the largest in Europe. They are the recommended wax and polish company for Mercedes and B.M.W.

http://www.sonax.com/sonax-e/katalog.php

.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SONAX-NTS7-Liquid-Shield-Works-Great_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ120231986194

In other news , the 94 is doing fine. the new gas line is holding up and the optimo 420 hankooks are rounding into shape after some time on the road. They might have been flat spotted from sitting in a garage. They had some shake to them ,but it has gotten better. Not the best tire in the world , but decent .

Max

Most everybody here is a Meguiar's fan. I use their Scratch X, Deep Crystal System polish, and NXT Tech Wax. Check out the appearance thread for more.

• 1,424 posts
Most everybody here is a Meguiar's fan. I use their Scratch X, Deep Crystal System polish, and NXT Tech Wax. Check out the appearance thread for more.

I usually use Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax to wax my cars, but the last time I went to wax I was out and had to go to the parts store. They were out of NXT and so I tried Turtle Wax ICE at the recommendation of the clerk. I know I've said before that it didn't bead water like NXT and didn't last as long, but they must have changed the formulation or something because it beads at least as well as NXT and seems to be holding up well after two months and 10 automatic car washes.

The real advantage to ICE, even if it doesn't last 6 months is that it is so easy to apply and remove. It is a clear liquid and it sets in 15 minutes. Its easier to remove than butter from a hot knife and if you get some on your black trim, it just wipes off, leaving no residue.

I might switch if it lasts 4 months. If it doesn't then it isn't worth it, even though it is so easy to apply.

We'll see.

I usually use Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax to wax my cars, but the last time I went to wax I was out and had to go to the parts store. They were out of NXT and so I tried Turtle Wax ICE at the recommendation of the clerk. I know I've said before that it didn't bead water like NXT and didn't last as long, but they must have changed the formulation or something because it beads at least as well as NXT and seems to be holding up well after two months and 10 automatic car washes.

The real advantage to ICE, even if it doesn't last 6 months is that it is so easy to apply and remove. It is a clear liquid and it sets in 15 minutes. Its easier to remove than butter from a hot knife and if you get some on your black trim, it just wipes off, leaving no residue.

I might switch if it lasts 4 months. If it doesn't then it isn't worth it, even though it is so easy to apply.

We'll see.

i have never liked any turtle wax products. avoid them like a plague because when i was a kid they would never rub off. I usually use a Teflon based paint sealant.much easier.

i have some polish wax thats targeted towards semi trucks and commercial vehicles, works great and beads water well even with rain water and a layer of dust.

I use Meguiar's NXT Tech 2.0. The reformulated stuff. Box hypes its aggressive beading quality but it just isn't there. It won't bead for long. About the same as the original NXT Tech wax. Shine is long lasting though. Nice 'n sparkly.

Don't use polish unless I have a scuff mark. My paint's in good condition.

I got a Mother's Clay Bar Kit I want to use next time. Have yet to try it out.

Topic List