Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Engine Swap

Guest corolla sage

Hey guys I have a 2001 Corolla S and well the engine is blown on it so I am looking into a swap. I'm having a hard time looking for an engine that will just bolt right up to it. I want a JDM engine and I really need some help finding an engine that isn't too expensive and will fit right into my car.

i thought about getting the 4age engine but someone told me that i would have to change up the mounting cause i would be moving from a 1zz-fe engine type.

ahh...anyway if i could just get some engine recommendations that would be awesome! thanks!

Hey guys I have a 2001 Corolla S and well the engine is blown on it so I am looking into a swap. I'm having a hard time looking for an engine that will just bolt right up to it. I want a JDM engine and I really need some help finding an engine that isn't too expensive and will fit right into my car.

i thought about getting the 4age engine but someone told me that i would have to change up the mounting cause i would be moving from a 1zz-fe engine type.

ahh...anyway if i could just get some engine recommendations that would be awesome! thanks!

how's this!

corolla vibe prism engine motor

Reply to: sale-873371863@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2008-10-09, 10:11PM EDT

for sale pontiac vibe 2003-2008

corolla 2000-2008

prism 2000-2002

engines miles range from 1 k -20k with paperwork .

$850 please call 248-797-3797 Eugene. other Toyota part available.

Hello and Welcome to the forums.

Why JDM? Will be tough to get it to pass emissions, and the tuning is optimized for their gas overseas? The 4AGE are starting to come down in price a bit - performance wise, they are getting blown way out proportions. Also, dependingon on your area, automatically fail inspection/emissions - because you are dropping an older engine into a newer car.

Don't get me wrong - they are still very good engines with good aftermarket support - but the newer generations of engines are starting to gain quite bit of ground - aftermarket support wise. They are correct - fitment will take a serious amount of fabrication. If you plan on going that route - might as well think about the 3SGTE along with it - more potential, expecially toward forced induction routes.

I'm with DT - source an engine from a 200+ Corolla or Prism - least amount of headaches swapwise. If you are looking for a bit more power - then look into a possible 2ZZ-GE from a 7th gen Celica GTS, 2003+ Matrix XRS/Pontiac Vibe GT, or 2005-2006 Corolla XRS.

Guest corolla sage

hey thanks for the info. i think i'm gonna go ahead and install the 2zz-ge cause even though it is a bit more expensive than i wanted, it will have a lot of hp that i really want. i guess i gotta go big or go home hahhaha! thanks again for the help!

Topic List