Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Crappy Wheelcovers - 2008 Ce

By BobLevine, September 28, 2008

Had two wheelcovers replaced on warranty. One had the Toyota insignia loose. Other had plastic clips break off. Now a third has bad clips.

Had 3 2003 S covers from ebay that were spares for my traded 03 and noted the older ones were twice as heavy. Put them on one side for now.

Thinking of a set of metal moons from Hubcap Mike. Have asked about fitment.

Probably will get third bad one replaced at dealer.

Car has only 8K and no curb hits.

Looks to me that covers have been cheapened to junk level.

the clear solution...get alloy wheels!

jk, wheel covers generally suck no matter what, but thats especially bad.

Had two wheelcovers replaced on warranty. One had the Toyota insignia loose. Other had plastic clips break off. Now a third has bad clips.

Had 3 2003 S covers from ebay that were spares for my traded 03 and noted the older ones were twice as heavy. Put them on one side for now.

I have had one 2003 wheel cover break so many lugs it would pull off with one hand. Sounds as if Toyota has let some of the Big Three influence it and are headed in the wrong direction.

Hope it does not spread further.

I have had one 2003 wheel cover break so many lugs it would pull off with one hand. Sounds as if Toyota has let some of the Big Three influence it and are headed in the wrong direction.

Hope it does not spread further.

One thing GM did right was the Saturn wheelcovers on my previous cars. They had plastic simulated lug nuts that screwed on to threads at the top of each real steel lug nut.

Never had an issue. Plastic retainers were replaceable if damaged by overtightening. No need to replace the wheelcover.

Even GM can sometimes get it right.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)