Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Pictures From Hot Import Nights In Miami Beach, Fl

By Paul79UF, August 27, 2008

I went to the Hot Import Nights....

edit - seems that BBcode isn't working for images default_sad

I went to the Hot Import Nights....

edit - seems that BBcode isn't working for images default_sad

Apparently the forum administrator isn't down with inline images. Links will have to suffice.

• 1,424 posts
Apparently the forum administrator isn't down with inline images. Links will have to suffice.

I've spoke with Dave on this issue before and this is what our consensus is:

Nothing to do with not being down with online images. What it has to do with is that there is only a limited amount of space for the forums. In line pictures take up space that could be used for more posts. From what we've all seen, forums that allow in line pictures turn into photobucket, and we want this forum for posts to help the members.

-the99contour

Nothing to do with not being down with online images. What it has to do with is that there is only a limited amount of space for the forums. In line pictures take up space that could be used for more posts. From what we've all seen, forums that allow in line pictures turn into photobucket, and we want this forum for posts to help the members.

-the99contour

I thought inline pics were hosted by external sites, just displayed as part of the thread. Which is why on forums that allow pics in posts you sometimes see a placeholder pic informing everyone that the account's bandwidth has been exceeded, and/or that the image is no longer available.

Are you saying this forum software (IP.Board) creates a duplicate of the posted pic on its home server, driving up space allocated?

I'm not too up on forum software but maybe it could be reconfigured not to do that, if so.

• 1,424 posts

-the99contour

I thought inline pics were hosted by external sites, just displayed as part of the thread. Which is why on forums that allow pics in posts you sometimes see a placeholder pic informing everyone that the account's bandwidth has been exceeded, and/or that the image is no longer available.

Are you saying this forum software (IP.Board) creates a duplicate of the posted pic on its home server, driving up space allocated?

I'm not too up on forum software but maybe it could be reconfigured not to do that, if so.

I believe that IP actually creates copies. For a short time there was a ability to post pictures on your personal profile with BB code and those pictures are on the server themselves. I know this because I had to edit a couple of them to make them fit the screen without throwing errors.

If I'm wrong about this, then maybe you guys should ask Dave why we can't have pictures. I personally agree with his rule, but if you all don't then you need to take it up with him.

-the99contour

May be you can jus give the links of the pics if you have them hosted. tht'll be the best option i guess.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else