Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Guest anselmo1, August 18, 2008 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Guest anselmo1

I am picking up a new 2009 Corolla S (Silver) this Friday with automatic, sunroof, traction control and ABS. The new Corollas do not have body side mouldings but Toyota offers it as an option. I priced the set online for $110.00 and the dealer will install them for $60.00.

My question is, do you think I can install the mouldings myself?

Max

I'd pay the money to avoid the aggravation. Especially if you have to paint them to match.Plus, dealership would put their work under warranty.

I'd pay the money to avoid the aggravation. Especially if you have to paint them to match.Plus, dealership would put their work under warranty.

If you have a good body shop, they can do it.

Consider not painting the strips if they look finished as bought. The CE had black rub strips until 2008.

Strips are a good idea. Met an 09 owner with a door ding after only 1 week. The strip would have prevented it. Sad of Toyota to leave them out in the interest of style. Door dings certainly ruin the smooth new look.

Bikeman982

If it is like the old moulding - you can just glue it on.

Should be able to handle that yourself.

I thought those things used 3M double-sided tape?... at least the ones i used to sell to GM did.

As long as you measure many times, you should be able to put them on yourself.

However, if a dealer does it, they should give you some sort of waranty.

good luck

tdk.

Bikeman982

They can go on with double sided tape and be removed with a good heat gun or hair dryer.

My question is, do you think I can install the mouldings myself?
Probably not well. I paid a professional to do it on my '09. It's difficult to get them on straight. By the way, the aftermarket ones are a lot nicer. The OEM ones are hollow and thin. The aftermarket ones are solid rubber, wider, and look/feel like a much better product for the same money.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)