Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

New Stereo

by imwlw83, July 27, 2008

Well folks, I did it, i replace the sound system in my 07 Corolla with an aftermarket system. Purchased everything from Cruthfield, total for everything was pretty close to $470. I went with the JVC Kw-XG700, its a double din model. Alpine 6x9's in the rear deck and Blaupunkt component in the doors. XM radio also. No amp or subs, I am dont really need to blow my windows out. The system sounds great and looks pretty good to. This post is not really to get input on my equipment choices, its more to just give some info.

First, there aint much room in the car to put the XM box and the JVC control head, so I choose to mount them in the glove box, worked out really well.

Also,the door speakers were 6.5's, Crutchfield says the will fit and include the little plastic rings to mount the speakers. Well lets say that the rings were to small for the speakers so I had to do alittle mod that the local sounds shop suggested. I took the orginal speak, and my trusty dremel and cut the guts out of the speaker. After you gut the speaker it makes a perfect spacer ring to mount the new speaker. Just drill a couple holes and you are in there. Everything else was a pretty good fit.

Well thats about it, good project, not to hard and it sounds great. Thanks for reading , and i hope this will help someone.

Congrats!!

Photos?

tdk

Couple pics. Finially got the time to get them off the camera

looks good!! : default_cool

Bikeman982

Wow. Looks great.

Is the trim standard??

Topic List