Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Where To Buy New Parts

by bobbiw, July 18, 2008

Hi, does anyone have a good parts supplier for OEM? My toyota dealers prices have jumped 25/40% in the last 6 months. I have a 98 corolla LE and need an air filter, OEM plugs, 3 oil filters and a fuel filter. Thanks for any info. I checked previous posts but couldn't find one on this subject. bobbiw

http://1sttoyotaparts.com/ That's Bob Bridge Toyota. Great prices, great service.

They have always served me well.

There was a thread on this earlier this year I think.

Anyway, RockAuto.com gets favorable mention around here. I ordered a fuel pump from them last December and it arrived promptly. They were also quick to answer a query of mine about my packing slip listing the pump for a 4Runner. Turns out they use the same pump.

I buy parts online if I have too. If I find a price online, and I want it quickly, I try the local toyota dealer. They are usually good at matching prices + plus shipping.

If not, I walk, but so far, I haven't been screwed. Just be prepared to walk I guess.

Bikeman982

Hi, does anyone have a good parts supplier for OEM? My toyota dealers prices have jumped 25/40% in the last 6 months. I have a 98 corolla LE and need an air filter, OEM plugs, 3 oil filters and a fuel filter. Thanks for any info. I checked previous posts but couldn't find one on this subject. bobbiw
Your car takes 3 oil filters??

Thanks for the answers Bikeman. I change the oil/filter every 3000k so I figured I would order 3 filters and save time and shipping. I also buy eggs by the dozen even though I only have 2 at a time for breakfast. Thanx again, Bobbiw

Bikeman982

Thanks for the answers Bikeman. I change the oil/filter every 3000k so I figured I would order 3 filters and save time and shipping. I also buy eggs by the dozen even though I only have 2 at a time for breakfast. Thanx again, Bobbiw

That explains it.

I go to Costco and buy large quantities (cheaper that way).

I like the egg analogy - good example.

I was @ my local dealer the other day.

The parts manager (whom I visit about 1-2 times/month) was telling me that Toyota does not "require" the tranny filter & fuel filter to be replaced, and that it is not in the recommended service. Is this true?!

He said that the tranny filter (auto) is just a metal mesh, so anything it picks up drops to the bottom of the pan. As long as the fuild is changed regularly, its ok.

(I get all my Toyota OE parts from him.)

Any thoughts?

tdk.

Bikeman982

I was @ my local dealer the other day.The parts manager (whom I visit about 1-2 times/month) was telling me that Toyota does not "require" the tranny filter & fuel filter to be replaced, and that it is not in the recommended service. Is this true?!

He said that the tranny filter (auto) is just a metal mesh, so anything it picks up drops to the bottom of the pan. As long as the fuild is changed regularly, its ok.

(I get all my Toyota OE parts from him.)

Any thoughts?

tdk.

That is true, unless there are big pieces of crud that get trapped in the tranny screen, then it would need cleaning or replacement.

Same thing with the fuel filter, could get clogged by large pieces of sediment in the fuel.

Thanks Bike,

hmm... i guess i will just have the oil place change the tranny fluid (200k maintennance) on the 4runner.

tdk.

Topic List