Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Touchy Subject On Nor. Cal. Fires

By twinky64, July 2, 2008

I'm pretty religious however, I'm not extremist. This is kind of a touchy subject.

I've noticed that California passed a bill that homosexuals can get married. This was passed on 6-23-08 I believe

At the same time California is burning setting records for largest fire at once and Bush declared it a federal emergency.

Fire investigators believe fires were started by lightening strikes

Hmmm....I thinks someone is a little upset...

Personally, I really dont care one way or the other if homosexuals can get married. They are not hurting anybody else by practicing it. This country is known for practicing whatever you believe in so long it doesn't infringe on others' rights. That's my thought though.

Bikeman982

I'm pretty religious however, I'm not extremist. This is kind of a touchy subject.I've noticed that California passed a bill that homosexuals can get married. This was passed on 6-23-08 I believe

At the same time California is burning setting records for largest fire at once and Bush declared it a federal emergency.

Fire investigators believe fires were started by lightening strikes

Hmmm....I thinks someone is a little upset...

Personally, I really dont care one way or the other if homosexuals can get married. They are not hurting anybody else by practicing it. This country is known for practicing whatever you believe in so long it doesn't infringe on others' rights. That's my thought though.

Are gay marriages and fires related?

Do married gays start fires??

Personally I am against both.

These fires began after the passage of this law? Hummm.....I seem to remember them happening in the past.

Just a note, this past spring was the driest on record for California.

OK, so I'll bite......many will steer away from this one.

Yes this is a touchy subject. I went to a parochial grammar school in the 60's and as a result I have a different way of looking at formal religions. Ever read the history of war and how many of these wars stemmed from religion?

What about the mudslides and earthquakes that California has been besieged with in the past and the terrible fires that JeremyH mentioned?

What about the Iowans etc with all of the flooding they are enduring?

What about all of the tornadoes in Oklahoma every year?

What about the Tsunami that ravaged Indonesia?

What about New Orleans and Katrina......well you might have a point there. default_biggrin

Did you know that a forest fire has always been a natural event and that the forests are actually healthier in the years following a fire? It's just unfortunate that so many people are affected now because they are living in these forests.

But seriously, do you really think that legalized gay marriage caused our creator to smack down with a forest fire??

Bikeman982

He is not pleased.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else