Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By muzak, June 12, 2008

I got lucky and unlucky today with only 2 days left on my CAA membership, which I didn't think I really needed. I started my car and it died and had to have it towed a short distance to the local Toyota dealer. DEAD COMPUTER with only 36,000 miles (60,000k). Luckily for me that Toyota has an 8 year - 130,000 k. warranty and replaced the $650 part for nothing. Of course I had to walk to a payphone as just moments before...my cell phone battery died.

Max

Wow, muzak, that's not a good day! Glad, tho, that the warranty covered the fix for the computer.

Bikeman982

That's Murphy's Law - things will go bad when you least expect them to.

Keep your phone charged!!

Max

Actually, Bike, Murphy's Law is "If anything can go wrong, it will." And muzak saw it in action on both counts!

Bikeman982

Actually, Bike, Murphy's Law is "If anything can go wrong, it will." And muzak saw it in action on both counts!
Oh, I know. It goes like - "and the thing that will go wrong is the thing that will cause the most inconvenience for the most number of people", or something like that.

Haha,

"when it rains, it pours", i guess.

glad to hear it was under warrranty though!

tdk

I got lucky and unlucky today with only 2 days left on my CAA membership, which I didn't think I really needed. I started my car and it died and had to have it towed a short distance to the local Toyota dealer. DEAD COMPUTER with only 36,000 miles (60,000k). Luckily for me that Toyota has an 8 year - 130,000 k. warranty and replaced the $650 part for nothing. Of course I had to walk to a payphone as just moments before...my cell phone battery died.
I guess I should have added that it could have been worse. It could have happened on a major highway or on the mountain as in last week when I put on 1,000k .

Topic List