Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Sickness From Fans

By muzak, June 10, 2008

Hi fellow members:

I'm one of a few at work that may be able to work in high temperatures. The problem is that I have a new guy near me and with the temperature above 90 F , he has to have two huge fans blowing on him, with his hair waving in the breeze. The problem is that when you walk away, you immediately start to sweat because you are back in the ambiant temperature of the factory. I actually got sick today when I got home because of that. The boss doesn't seem to care, but I think it is something that should be addressed. I would like to find out if there is anything on the net that about that. It actuallly causes me a problem when I'm in and out of air conditioning several times a day.

Is it just me?

K_Watson

Repeated, rapid, changes in temperature will cause nausea.

Guest TomL

Hi fellow members:I'm one of a few at work that may be able to work in high temperatures. The problem is that I have a new guy near me and with the temperature above 90 F , he has to have two huge fans blowing on him, with his hair waving in the breeze. The problem is that when you walk away, you immediately start to sweat because you are back in the ambiant temperature of the factory. I actually got sick today when I got home because of that. The boss doesn't seem to care, but I think it is something that should be addressed. I would like to find out if there is anything on the net that about that. It actuallly causes me a problem when I'm in and out of air conditioning several times a day.

Is it just me?

Buy two fans and put them between you and coworker, aimed at him?

Bikeman982

Wear something warm when exposed to the fan air and remove it when walking away.

That way your body temperature remains more constant and will suffer less.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else