Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By cg4Jesus, May 28, 2008

I really liked the Mirror-Glaze but can't find it anymore. Everything else I try just doesn't seem to cut it. Pun intended. default_laugh

Meguiar's Mirror Glaze is a tough one to beat. Once you use it (hand polish) it will be hard to try something else. That's also my polish of choice - Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #7 followed with some Meguiar’s #26 Hi-Tech Paste Wax or Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Wax.

Ones that I've been using with pretty good results are Sonus and Pinnacle - on recommendations from another poster on a different forum. Pretty good stuff. Though I'm still partial with Meguiar's stuff. Probably because my dad used them for years and hasn't let him down, sort of passed it on to me - I've done the same thing with my own son.

I really liked the Mirror-Glaze but can't find it anymore. Everything else I try just doesn't seem to cut it. Pun intended. default_laugh
I think if you took a vote on here as to what the members like for their cars...It would be Mequiars NXT wax. It's about $30 here and I'm just about out. Next trip will be to go for the liquid and try their new NXT 2. Good stuff.

Max

I use NXT Tech wax, too, right after applying and buffing out the Crystal System polish. Which reminds me, which wax do you prefer, cq? Let us know how the NXT2 works for you, muzak.

I don't wax. Just polish often. A body man led me down this path. He told me to never wax when you can polish. Maybe he just wanted me to polish all the paint off so he could paint it again. I dunno. default_blink

Meguiar's Mirror Glaze is a tough one to beat. Once you use it (hand polish) it will be hard to try something else. That's also my polish of choice - Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #7 followed with some Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Paste Wax or Meguiar's Deep Crystal Wax.

Ones that I've been using with pretty good results are Sonus and Pinnacle - on recommendations from another poster on a different forum. Pretty good stuff. Though I'm still partial with Meguiar's stuff. Probably because my dad used them for years and hasn't let him down, sort of passed it on to me - I've done the same thing with my own son.

I learned it from my dad as well. He ran a small airport when I was growing up and we used miror glaze to polish airplanes, especially the plastic polish for the plexi-glas windshields. My brother and I used a plenty. Nothing like washing and polishing the belly of an airplane. However, we did get pretty good arm strength out of the deal.

I dont polish I just use zaino z2 wax. Its great. Take a look at the pics of my 8yr old car if you havent yet and thats what zaino z2 makes it look like.

Very nice looking Corolla, sir. default_biggrin A guy that I work with uses Zaino. I'll have to try it sometime.

I use Klasse 3 in 1 polish and then use the Klasse sealer (imported from Germany) and it's easy to use and lasts a long time ...only once a year. It's not cheap but a bottle of each will last a long time. Instructions say on the sealer to apply a very thin coat and should only use about 2 oz per car. I got mine from a auto detail supply company , not sure if any automotive stores sell it or not. My 03 Corolla still looks brand new.

Thanks cg. Try it you'll like it. default_wink

chapman.university

I dont polish I just use zaino z2 wax. Its great. Take a look at the pics of my 8yr old car if you havent yet and thats what zaino z2 makes it look like.

Nice and nice rims. BTW, what is your tire size?

Thanks CU. Tire size is 185/65/14 but I like the 195/60/14 size better since theyre a little wider and lower. I think they look better and I didnt notice any decrease in mileage with them so I'll go back to 195/60/14 when these are worn.

My favorite Polish is my wife. Her ancestors were from Warsaw. default_smile

Oh. default_huh

Uh, I usually user "Mother's" or Meguires.

default_laugh

Topic List