Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By c2105026, March 19, 2008

Hello all,

I just thought as I sipped at my Penfolds Club Tawny Port that an interesting thread topic could be what people's favourite beverages are? I may as well kick it off:

*Non-alcoholic: Coke Zero or a tall skinny cafe latte with sweetner

*Alcoholic: Good quality port, red wine, heinekin beer, carlton draught beer, hahn super dry beer (low carb)

The floor is open...

Max

Non-alcoholic: Coffee

Alcoholic: Beer. Almost any kind, but very partial to Guinness Stout, especially when it's a pint pulled at a local pub.

• 1,424 posts

Non Alcoholic: Water, plain and simple, preferably bottled since the water where I live isn't that good. Lipton Extra Sweet Iced Tea is a close second.

Alcoholic: Jack Daniels (usually Jack and Coke, sometimes Whiskey Sour, shots very, very occasionally)

Hello all,

I just thought as I sipped at my Penfolds Club Tawny Port that an interesting thread topic could be what people's favourite beverages are? I may as well kick it off:

*Non-alcoholic: Coke Zero or a tall skinny cafe latte with sweetner

*Alcoholic: Good quality port, red wine, heinekin beer, carlton draught beer, hahn super dry beer (low carb)

The floor is open...

Non-alcoholic: Coffee, Bottled Water, Coke, Milk in a dirty glass, Iced Tea (unsweetened)

Alcoholic: I don't do alcohol, but if I'm out with friends and they are drinking beer, I might have an O'Douls.

Hard to choose a favorite - as they are all pretty good on their own. If I had to pick by a sub-catagory, it would look something like this:

Non-alcoholic:

Soda - Coke branded products, diet or regular

Tea - just about any oriental tea (flowers, leaves, roots, etc.)

Coffee - not a big coffee fan, unless it is the good stuff. Ones that I liked include Kona coffee (picked up some in Hawaii directly, it really does taste

different) and some of the seasonal gourmet varieties from Gevalia. Expresso, Lattes, etc. - doesn't work for me anymore - probably due to coworkers always dragging me down to have a "working" coffee break at Starbucks.

Just plain water, no "fitness" water or "imported, spring water"

No Milk - I drink Soy or Rice milk

Orange juice - only one that I will drink more once a week

Alcoholic:

Wine - Not a big fan of wine, unless it is homemade. Same with champagne

Beer - No favorite beer, probably due to the huge number of good, smaller microbreweries where I live at - I tend to prefer darker, beers - stouts, porters, brown ales, and Belgian ales. Not too many, as these are generally loaded with calories, some can be considered meal replacements.

Liquor and Spirits - all good default_ohmy - I stick will classics, of the liquors I tend to stick to these

scotch - good single malt scotch (Macallan or Lagavulin)

vodka - local Virginia variety Cirrus Vodka is really good and inexpensive to boot and the premium XO Vodka for flavor

tequila - Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia or Patron Reposado (almost like a rum)

rum - Havana Club Barrelproof or Bacardi Reserva

Bikeman982

I don't drink anything alcoholic.

My usual drink is Pepsi, but I also drink 2% milk with my meals.

Sometimes I get Coke at places that do not have Pepsi.

I also drink my wife's Juice Squeeze.

I occassionally drink fruit juices, like grape, apple cranapple, O.J., etc.

Non-alcoholic: H20, preferably bottled or filtered thru the Brita filter on my kitchen sink faucet; coffee, black or occasionally with milk & sugar; tea, always with milk & Equal unless it's iced tea, then it's Equal and lemon; diet sodas, but in limited quantities, and lactose-reduced milk, as I am lactose intolerant.

Alcoholic: Beer, preferably a Corona or a good genuine German pilsner or English bitter; Scotch, preferably one of the better quality single malts; Bourbon, preferably Jack Daniels, Gin, Vodka, and any mixed drink made with one of the aforementioned spirits. However, I am only an occasional drinker, as I drive for a living and am subject to random testing. I never drink during the work week, at all. I never drink ANYTIME I must drive. Period. End of story.

Max

Harrumph! Jack Daniels isn't Bourbon, it's Tennessee Whiskey. :-) Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, etc. are Bourbons, which are distilled right here where Bourbon was born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

• 1,424 posts
Harrumph! Jack Daniels isn't Bourbon, it's Tennessee Whiskey. :-) Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, etc. are Bourbons, which are distilled right here where Bourbon was born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

That's right, the only widely available Tennessee Whiskeys are Jack Daniels and Jim Beam.

Tennessee Whiskey has to be made out of a certain kind of lime rich water and it is aged in new white oak barrels that are fire charred inside. The finished whiskey is then filtered through charcoal.

Bourbon Whiskey is produced like Tennessee Whiskey without the heavily limed water and without the charcoal mellowing. Thus it is a very different product

I prefer Tennessee Whiskey over Bourbon or Rye Whiskey, so here's to our friends in Tennessee!

Bikeman982

I forgot to mention that I drink Gatorade - during the times when I play ice hockey and also bicycling.

It helps replace electrolyte. I also dring bottled water (H2O) at work - that's all they provide.

I used to drink wine, but that was many years ago - I detest the taste of beer!!

I usually only drink on weekends, and if I am driving I either have 1.5 standard drinks or less (about 375ml of regular beer), and wait for a bit. If I have a huge night I give myself an hour per standard drink after my last one - so a couple of weeks ago I had 12 (yep, count 'em), last one was at about 11.30pm so I didn't drive until 11.30am the following day. Which was fine, for that day was a public holiday, was able to walk to mcdonalds for breakfast...due to having the flu haven't had anything since last sunday.....

Sorry for the confusion over Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey. You're right -- it's not bourbon. Just an error made after a long day at work. So now, since we're on the subject, I think I'll take a sip or 2 of good 'ole No. 7 Brand Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey! My Friday night reward after a week of earning my pennies!

A good weekend to you all!

Max

Cheers, Larry! (Max knocks back some single batch bourbon)

Topic List: Go to Everything Else