Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Delaney Power Extractor Engine

Guest Jhon

Hi All,

I came across this website powerxtractor.com through a friend of mine

and this new engine sounds pretty impressive, but I don't know enough

myself. What do you all think, is it really good as my friend said?

Thanks in advance for help

Hello and welcome to the forum. Looks like a 2-cycle engine that uses a pump (supercharger or similar) to pull exhaust gases out of the cylinder and a similar pump to force in a new intake charge. Not really a new idea - as there are supercharged 2-stroke engines used in some project cars and planes. Only new idea is adding a pump to the exhaust and sucking it out of the cylinder. Bigger problem is the article over simplifies or completely jumps over very fundamental aspects of internal combustion engines. Basically didn't look at the whole picture, so to speak. The amount of work in plumbing the system, ignition timing, cooling, emissions, durability, lubrication, etc. - you would get better gains by turbocharging or supercharging a lightweight, high efficiency 4-stroke engine. This doesn't even include other systems, like Wankel engines, variable valve lift/ timing/duration, direct injection, composite system, etc. Otherwords, there are exisiting systems that offer tangible benefits and increased performance over your plain 4-stroke engines right now. The Powerextractor idea might be useful some decades ago - before the advent of many of these continous improvements to the 4-stroke engine. Now, just the emissions and durability unknowns, would for me, make this a no go idea.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else