Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Thule Roof Rack 2000 Corolla

by taewa, March 11, 2008

Hey fellow corollanites,

I just got a free Thule roof rack with bicycle attachments. When I tried to install it, it seemed like the bars were too narrow for my 2000 Corolla LE. Does anyone know what width Thule bars I need for this make and model?

Thanks

taewa

I don't know if this will help, but I have a 2006 corolla with a Yakima rack, and it takes 48" bars. I know it is not the same set up you have, but I think it should be similar.

Otherwise, you can go to Thule's website and check by entering in your car info, or call one of the dealers the website lists and ask them.

I too have the Yakima rack - but for a 8th gen Corolla (1998-2002) - they are also 48" long. At the time, I was also looking at the Thule racks - their crossbars are a bit longer - 50". Should be marked somewhere on the bar - they call them LB50 Load Bars. Should be coupled with the correct "towers" - that might part of the issue.

I got a free thule rack with 2 bike setups from my sister in law. However, the bases don't seem like they're for our corollas which have rain gutters? She had it on her old 90s VW Jetta which didn't have rain gutters. Can I just buy new bases to fit my corolla (1994)?

(Sorry to hijack your thread)

GT

You can buy just the bases. The Jetta uses different bases than the corolla, but if the width of the bars is the same, this is all you should need to buy.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)