Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Window Tinting

by loverguy1, February 22, 2008

My Corolla window tints are gone bad, it has got ripples. I can't see properly, especially the rear one. Thinking of retinting it. Can it be done by lay man like me or do we need a professional tinter? please advise.

My Corolla window tints are gone bad, it has got ripples. I can't see properly, especially the rear one. Thinking of retinting it. Can it be done by lay man like me or do we need a professional tinter? please advise.

I would recommend a professional tint job. Many places charge less than a couple hundred bucks for expert application and brand name film. They also tend to come with warranties for their work. If you consider the cost of film and supplies, the time doing it yourself, your likely lack of skill, and the frustration that's bound to occur, for me it's a no brainer. If you decide to do it yourself, you should come back and tell us how the experience went, because I'd be curious to know.

Bikeman982

It can be done, but don't expect it to be perfect.

I have done some of those aftermarket tint applications and always end up with lots of air bubbles.

It is good enough for my old cars, but if your car is new, you might have it done professionally.

I had my '87 Voyager done and my '05 Corolla done and not a single bubble has appeared. I hear the secret is to NEVER use any product with ammonia..such as windex as that will make it bubble.

Bikeman982

I have my rear window tinting coming off.

It is probably due to too much exposure to the sun for many years.

It still looks good, so I will keep it on.

I tinted my rear door windows, but found the rear window just has too much curve in it for the average DIY'er. Best to take it to a pro for a great job. You can find out how to do the rear windows in this thread in the 'Appearance' forum here: https://www.corolland.com/forums/index.php?...499&hl=tint

Topic List