Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Stock Old Corolla And Trouble Free

by RAV4EVR, February 19, 2008

This is a stupid thread but I want it.... WHATEVER .... LOL !

I need to find out how many people out there have complete stock Corollas in complete MINT condition. I usually have a contest on the road when I see a 7th gen since I have one and always point out to wife any 7th gen and all the fading and dents in it to prove to her that I got the best condition on the road.. She is getting sick of it but she has got no choice.. LOL!

I am talking not a scratch. I am talking, not a single chirp, rattle anywhere. I am talking no pulling anywhere and a complete clean car that looks old just because we know it is an old car. I am talking solid drive over bumps with no noise from the shocks and no cracking sounds from the suspension with worn out bushings......

7th and older generations are welcome to give their comments/pictures because 8th and newer are too new. Although any generation is fine.

You have already seen mine ofcourse... Not perfect yet... I ADMIT !! default_smile I have a few things to work on.

http://www.freewebs.com/toyotasrock/94dxst...hiftcorolla.htm

Who can beat me ? LOL !

Would love to see your pictures if you get time to post them... default_smile

Well, don't have the close-ups and interior shots that you have ATM, but I uploaded what I have on hand. 9 shots total.

I don't keep my engine bay shiny and I do have a rattle from the rear that might be suspension, but I haven't pinpointed it yet. I hope to get new struts this spring.

My car looks new enough to fool the non-discriminating types, like ... uh ... women into thinking it's only a few years old. It's a '93.

Here it is

There's some shots in that album of some windshield repairs I had done last August. Found hidden rust around the frame, so I had it filled in with tig welded metal and then coated with the sealant (forget what it's called) before fitting the new windshield in. Old one got smacked and cracked by road debris.

Well, don't have the close-ups and interior shots that you have ATM, but I uploaded what I have on hand. 9 shots total.

I don't keep my engine bay shiny and I do have a rattle from the rear that might be suspension, but I haven't pinpointed it yet. I hope to get new struts this spring.

My car looks new enough to fool the non-discriminating types, like ... uh ... women into thinking it's only a few years old. It's a '93.

Here it is

There's some shots in that album of some windshield repairs I had done last August. Found hidden rust around the frame, so I had it filled in with tig welded metal and then coated with the sealant (forget what it's called) before fitting the new windshield in. Old one got smacked and cracked by road debris.

Hey that is very nice car.. nice fixing on those rust spots.

What is "ATM" ? default_smile

Here it is

There's some shots in that gallery of some windshield repairs I had done last August. Found hidden rust around the frame, so I had it filled in with tig welded metal and then coated with the sealant (forget what it's called) before fitting the new windshield in. Old one got smacked and cracked by road debris.

Hey that is very nice car.. nice fixing on those rust spots.

What is "ATM" ? default_smile

Thanks. I'm just glad I was able to fix it without replacing the whole roof.

ATM = At The Moment

Topic List