Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

07 S Wheel Fitment, Will It Fit

by imwlw83, January 29, 2008

Ok folks this is my question. Will this wheel fit on my 07 S, I want the edge of the wheel/tire to be even with the fender when looking down on the wheel well. I dont want it to stick out just be flush. From the info at the site it should fit on the car.

Wheel

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...&vid=011190

Tire

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...11190&ar=40

The tire is the recommended size from a TRD site I stubbled upon. Diameter of the tire is 25.08, stock diameter is 25.0 so that is pretty dang close so the speedo isnt off.

I just want to know if it will fit and offset put me where I want to be. Any help or useful info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for everyones help.

18s might bolt on, but I'm not sure you could turn the wheel all the way without rubbing. 225 is probably too wide.

Are you wanting to auto cross with a setup like this?

I want it setup for Autocross, but a setup like that has many uses, wouldnt you think. default_smile

Well the wheel dimensions indicates that they are 45mm offset on a 7.5" wheel - if you want them flush to the, they might be close. Toyota specs the wheel to be no larger than 7" wide with a 205mm tire width. But a few have been able to run as wide as 8" (some have noticed that it will touch the suspension) and tire widths to 235mm (some indicate significant rubbing). You might be better off to find one with a 40mm offset, that should move it closer to be flush the fender.

Try this calculator - a little better then the other tire/wheel calculator. Don't read into it 100% - easiest way is to measure the area yourself (bolt the OEM wheel in its place - take measurements, extrapolate to the desired wheel size to see if it will work.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/info_specs.jsp

Other that that - the tire you selected is a bit too wide for the wheel (will be about 3/4" sticking past the wheel). If you plan on any "spirited" driving, the extra meat will work against you. No sense running more width than what the wheel can support. A 18x7.5 wheel with a 225mm tire and a 45mm offset will probably stick out a little more than a inch past the OEM wheel - if you run that, will definitely have to roll the fenders for clearance.

I can see what you are getting at with making things flush - I did the same with my Corolla. I ran a 38mm offset with a 16x7 wheel on my 8th gen to do the same thing. But eventually settled for a PLUS+0 on the OEM sized wheel, here 14" - and actually got about the same overall performance but with significantly less unsprung weight and reduced overall cost.

It would probably be worth investing on a book on suspension and tire setup for auto crossing before spending too much money on rims and tires.

Also, read SCCA's rules for each car class. Changing the wrong part can put you in street prepared, and if that's all you've done, you could get your arse handed to you.

Fishexpo,

That is a very cool link you sent me , thank you very much for that. I am not dead set on 18 x 7.5, i just want to go pretty big, not rub, have a good look, and just make the smart move, if you know what i mean. Thats why i am asking questions. Looking at the link, 45 is a big offset, it looks like it will stick everything in the wheelwell, and i am inclined to believe that i might rub. You dont happen to know the offset of the factory alum. 15 in wheel do you. Tire size is 195/65 15. I really dont like those websites that say this will fit and that will fit, but you know know what it will look like. I do like the Enkie RS7 rim though, maybe the 17x7 with 35mm offset. I guess i really need to get the factory rims offset to make a researched decision.

Dan_H

I take it from the street tire and rim width that you're looking to autocross in the STS class, correct?

18" rims/tires will look impressive, but many autocrossers avoid going to much larger diameter wheels because of the additional rotating mass. I'd go with 15 or 16x7.5 wheels for STS myself, but it is a matter of personal preference. If these will be the only set of wheels/tires for the car, I could see why you'd go with the cooler looking 18s. If you aren't modifying much else on the car-- have you considered buying larger wheels for the street and keeping the stock wheels to autocross in HStock?

As for tires... Ask and look around at the next autocross. I'm going to bet you will see most of the serious competitors on either Yokohama AD07s, Bridgestone RE01Rs, Dunlop Direzza Z1s, or Falken RT-615 tires (listed from most to least expensive-roughly). These seem to be the "tires to have" in any of the street touring or street tire classes. I've driven on all, and I'd recommend any of them. Tire Rack compared these tires (minus the Falkens that they don't sell) HERE

Either way, you're going to post photos and tell us how the AutoX is going, right? default_tongue

If you got used XRS wheels, you should be able to stay in the a stock class. At least to get started, unless you have lowering springs or a strut tower brace already.

If you want to stay in a stock class, XRS rims with good rubber and KYB GR2 shocks should pass for stock. I was reading up on it a little and it sounds like if the wheels were a factory upgrade option, then it's still stock. Regional rules might be different tho. I was trying to read the national SCCA solo rules. It's a lot of stuff to read.

Stock XRS size is 195,55,16. See if you can go to a 205,60,16. You should have a lot more tires to choose from.

BTW the Corolla XRS and the Matrix XRS had the same wheels for awhile.

Aside from all that, practice can put you ahead more then mods. You might want to stick a higher performance brake pads up front so you don't get brake fade. A performance street brake pad will work because you might never get out of 2nd gear.

Topic List