Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Mpg Averages

Guest DAMOFO

Kinda new here but I just wanted to get an idea what kind of gas mileage you guys are getting. I have an 2007 S and just took a little trip (850 miles round trip) and averaged 40.2 mpg. I was kinda surprised because I ran the piss outa that car (averaged 85 to 90mph on interstate). I should be able to get 42-44 if I did the speed limit, right? Anyways, thanks for any input.

Reuben

Max

Welcome to Corolland. You can do a search on this and turn up all sorts of answers to the mpg question. I avg. 42 mg highway, and that's going around 70. City driving yields around 32 mpg, worse if traffic is terrible or the A/C is on.

Guest muleman

Welcome to Corolland. You can do a search on this and turn up all sorts of answers to the mpg question. I avg. 42 mg highway, and that's going around 70. City driving yields around 32 mpg, worse if traffic is terrible or the A/C is on.

I have a 08 5 speed and my best mpg on the way to work is 44.6 and it is winter here =)

Bikeman982

Gas mileage improves when you take it easy on the car and drive like an old lady!

hey man, my corolla 95 guzzles gas like chevy impala!!

it has 1.6l engine, passed e-test with marks like brand new engine but from whatever reason now in city driving conditions i get 15 liters per 100km. THAT IS VERY BAd.

I DID COMPLETE ENGINE CLEANING AT the shop, does not burn oil, has only 2ooK km, cleaned trottle body myself, changed air filters pcv valve etc. but milage is like i have minivan........

• 1,424 posts

I get 25.8 MPG in mixed driving according to my trip computer.

That estimate is not calculated the same way that we calculate gas mileage since the trip computer computes MPG continuously and averages it.

When you lift your foot off the accelerator on the freeway, the instantaneous fuel economy goes to infinity and when you stop and idle it goes to 0.

I stop at idle a lot more than I coast on the freeway, so my trip computer determines an average lower than we do by dividing how many miles we drove on a certain amount of gas.

When I compute my fuel economy the traditional way, I get 28 MPG in mixed driving, and that is on my first tank.

When I reset my fuel economy calculator in the car with the cruise on at 75 MPH, I get 33 MPG according to the car, which I trust to be accurate since there are no infinity readings or 0 readings averaged into the mix.

If you ask me, 33 MPG at 75 MPH in a 3300 lb car with the ability to do 0-60 in 8.5 seconds is pretty impressive.

The Solara is a nice piece of engineering.

The Solara is a nice piece of engineering.

solara is pretty much in all aspects LEXUS badged/marketed as toyota solara

(don't take this personally 99contour)

I don't mind the Solara, but my opinion its become sort of a middle-aged sports car. A mid-sized coupe should appeal to the yuppie age group (post-college to 30s). The Solara's primary competition, the Accord coupe, is maintaining this very well. I have my doubts about the Solara's future. From what I've read, it sounds like its going to get the axe by the end of 08'. That's probably why Toyota hasn't upgraded it to the 3.5 2GR-FE. It shouldn't surprise me; Toyota has completely lost its touch with the sports market with all the deaths on its hands (Supra, Celica, MR2, Corolla coupe).

Bikeman982

I think the Solaras are nice.

My wife wanted me to get her a convertible, but she ended up with a Mazda3 hatchback.

Topic List