Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Speedo Lights

by generator, December 14, 2007

There are only 2 things I dont like about my 08 corolla S. One is the bright speedometer and tach lights and the other is the lack of trunk lid remote. Well today I bought a strip of static adhesive windshield tinting and stuck a piece of it to the speedometer, works great so far but I have to wait till daylight to see if I have to remove it during the day. I sure wish I knew of a way to replace the panic button on the key remote with a trunk release! generator

ok..that doesn't sound right. First, your corolla should have a dimmer rotary knob next to your power mirror adjuster as seen here: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...4990_2_full.jpg to turn down the brightness of the gauge cluster. Second, it should have a lever next to the gas lever at under you to open the trunk?

ok..that doesn't sound right. First, your corolla should have a dimmer knob somewhere on the dash to turn down the brightness of the gauge cluster. Second, it should have a lever next to the gas lever at under you to open the trunk?
The problem is if you dim the speedometer and tachometer lights to a reasonable brightness then the rest of the dashboard lights are too dim to do any good at all. The trunk release lever is inside the car. I have had cars that I could open the trunklid with a handheld remote on the keyring. I really like that feature. On the other hand I dont like the horn blaring and lights flashing if I press the wrong button on my remote while Im trying to unlock the drivers door. generator

oh I see what you mean, my understanding was that you thought either weren't there. Well, I don't know of any car that has just the gauge cluster dim separately from the center console. And as far as the remote trunk, I don't know of any Toyotas that do that...but yeah most american cars offer that.

oh I see what you mean, my understanding was that you thought either weren't there. Well, I don't know of any car that has just the gauge cluster dim separately from the center console. And as far as the remote trunk, I don't know of any Toyotas that do that...but yeah most american cars offer that.

My parents' 2007 Camry has remote trunk release. I think it is a separate button on the remote though.

On their car, there is the opposite problem... if you turn the dash bright enough to see, the blue bezel lighting in the center console is way too bright.

jim

Bikeman982

My parents' 2007 Camry has remote trunk release. I think it is a separate button on the remote though.

On their car, there is the opposite problem... if you turn the dash bright enough to see, the blue bezel lighting in the center console is way too bright.

jim

Not that it is the best way to reduce the illumination, but you could take out the instrument cluster and remove a bulb or two by the gauge.

As for the trunk release- if a 2007 Camry has one, check witha dealer for the parts and the remote - maybe you can install one?

Today I removed the tinted window film from my instrument cluster and cut a hole for the trip reset button and a hole for the mileage and temperature indications, I could not see them during the day, then I reinstalled the tinted film. Next I removed the remote lock/unlock/panic remote from my keys and put one of the keys on my keyring with my truck key. Now I can't think of anything I don't like about my car! generator

Bikeman982

Today I removed the tinted window film from my instrument cluster and cut a hole for the trip reset button and a hole for the mileage and temperature indications, I could not see them during the day, then I reinstalled the tinted film. Next I removed the remote lock/unlock/panic remote from my keys and put one of the keys on my keyring with my truck key. Now I can't think of anything I don't like about my car! generator
Sounds like you found an acceptable solution to your instrument illumination problem as well as your key problem.

Topic List